Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default If

I want to fish for a marlin but not commit fully to it.

I want to try one rod/reel while continuing to meat fish.

What size reel?

What color lure?

What position in spread?
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Black and purple wide range or super chugger in the short rigger on a tld-50.

Caught my first on a TLD 20 running 30 lb on the corner pulling a Islander hood no skirt with a hoo- 3- 31- 2009 at the 226 hole- Ate it on top while i watched from 10 ft away. 1st fish of the season. BAM- It's easy to remember with the flag on the wall beside me while I type

You’ll get 4756 different answers. Horse bally behind a b/w islander/sea star/express,....Wide range on the short rigger is hard to beat, runs fine at slower speeds. That lure has caught more daymakers than I can count.
    Last edited by buckpro; 11-30-2020 at 09:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Dances eel. Crappiethon sponsored 12' bream buster. Set it and forget it. Next question?

If you can get some older 30's and 50 Penn's, they are really easy to rebuild. Any rod USED with a good old Aftco roller and you good to go. Ask me how I know
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I figured 50 wide.

Dark

Short

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    I figured 50 wide.

Dark

Short
    I have some International 50 wides on roller rods for sale with fresh 60 lb mono- not posted yet $300 each- they can be traded for political favors up to and including kicking obama in the no nuts on TV

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    I have some International 50 wides on roller rods for sale with fresh 60 lb mono- not posted yet $300 each- they can be traded for political favors up to and including kicking obama in the no nuts on TV
    Sounds like a deal but he does not have nuts.

drop a small dredge or some larger daisy chain teaser on a downrigger off one side and put a ballyhoo/Islander back behind it.
    Last edited by ecu1984; 11-30-2020 at 10:13 PM.

AVET EX50 2spd with 80# braid and a top shot of mono, wind on leader. Lots of good rods to choose from but $ for $, I’ve really been impressed with Pinnacle Rods with the PacNor butts. Buy a bent butt and a straight butt, change it out depending on what you’re doing. Got a couple setups for high speed trolling like that. A couple set as grouper rods and double as trolling.

Fish would be the expert on that setup though. PM him and get his recommendations.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    AVET EX50 2spd with 80# braid and a top shot of mono, wind on leader. Lots of good rods to choose from but $ for $, I’ve really been impressed with Pinnacle Rods with the PacNor butts. Buy a bent butt and a straight butt, change it out depending on what you’re doing. Got a couple setups for high speed trolling like that. A couple set as grouper rods and double as trolling.

Fish would be the expert on that setup though. PM him and get his recommendations.
    I have 4 avet EXW50's that I rigged specifically for everything, instead of hauling high speed reels etc. 700 yards of 130lb backing, 200 yard 80 diamond topshot, Winthrop terminator butts, pinnacle XR pro 60-100 rods. Bit much for dolphin but still not a issue and they handle highspeeding excellent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    I have 4 avet EXW50's that I rigged specifically for everything, instead of hauling high speed reels etc. 700 yards of 130lb backing, 200 yard 80 diamond topshot, Winthrop terminator butts, pinnacle XR pro 60-100 rods. Bit much for dolphin but still not a issue and they handle highspeeding excellent.
    I have a couple of those Winthrop terminators and they are pretty awesome

I’ve caught many a fish from reds to big wahoo & even a blue on a tld-25.

I'd go with a tiny split shot and a cricket. Granted, a red wriggler is hard to beat. Bobbers are kinda personal so I wont comment on what is best for you in this instance.

Hope this helps.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

any flotation device attached to a fishing line is referred to as a "cork" around here.. don't sound like a googan

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    any flotation device attached to a fishing line is referred to as a "cork" around here.. don't sound like a googan
    Co Rect
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

A "bobber" goes on a yankee fishing "pole".....A "cork" goes on a proper fishing "rod" or bream buster.
    Googans abound....
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

You can take the boy out of Minnesota, but you can't take the Minnesota out of the boy...

Offshore lingo is rad
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.