Thread: Aquatic council Meeting coming up.

Default Aquatic council Meeting coming up.

This would be easy to attend if you are interested because it will be a Zoom/video conference meeting.

It would be great to have a bunch of duck hunters attend and ask why they keep killing the grass and why they are exclusively catering to the recreational boaters on the states public waters.

Will CWS be attending this meeting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m afraid their minds will be made up before this meeting takes place. They may be willing to listen what the public has to say but they’ve already listen to the “squeaky wheel”. It’s been proven time and time again that Santee Cooper doesn’t want aquatic vegetation within its system. You don’t have to look any further than Potato Creek Waterfowl Management Area to prove that. I applaud those that have fought this battle for the betterment of the lakes and the waterfowl that would benefit, but history just keeps repeating itself. TC

[QUOTE=thunderchicken;2816909]I’m afraid their minds will be made up before this meeting takes place. They may be willing to listen what the public has to say but they’ve already listen to the “squeaky wheel”. It’s been proven time and time again that Santee Cooper doesn’t want aquatic vegetation within its system. You don’t have to look any further than Potato Creek Waterfowl Management Area to prove that. I applaud those that have fought this battle for the betterment of the lakes and the waterfowl that would benefit, but history just keeps repeating itself. TC[/QUOTE

What we need is a sc duck hunting forum with lots of people on it and a few politicians to get things done. Why can’t we get anything done?

[QUOTE=santee11;2816921]
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderchicken View Post
    I’m afraid their minds will be made up before this meeting takes place. They may be willing to listen what the public has to say but they’ve already listen to the “squeaky wheel”. It’s been proven time and time again that Santee Cooper doesn’t want aquatic vegetation within its system. You don’t have to look any further than Potato Creek Waterfowl Management Area to prove that. I applaud those that have fought this battle for the betterment of the lakes and the waterfowl that would benefit, but history just keeps repeating itself. TC[/QUOTE

What we need is a sc duck hunting forum with lots of people on it and a few politicians to get things done. Why can’t we get anything done?
    This
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Tell them the carp are not needed because they don't eat Giant Salvinia or Hyacinth. And they are shading out every other piece of submerged Vegetation.

The carp are starving.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

No excuse for as many as possible not too attend. Here is a chance for as many as possible to join me voice concerns. Would be a great opportunity for everyone to voice concerns that would benefit ecosystems in SC.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

https://www.dnr.sc.gov/invasiveweeds/plan.html

Can look through comments from 2019 here. No reason we should give up now as we made progress. When Strick 9 shows up to the convo I am sure he can pin point better than I progress that was made!
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

As you can see from the draft letter that we formed there was the following changes - both Potato Creek and the hatchery have been excluded from further stockings, that was a win but will take several years to realize itself and with the newfound Giant Salvinia it is likely to induce more spraying.

The new agreement between SCDNR and Santee Cooper also has a win as to allotted aquatic vegetation allowances but being that both parties have this document still in legal proceedings it's still just a guess as to how much more allowance will be made. I believe we will see it increase from 10% to 15%. Still a joke but progress.

To those interested you have to email for response credentials.
    Genesis 9;2