Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Legally required to wear masks?

Default Legally required to wear masks?

Where can one find the up to date, pertinent mask laws for an area? Just went to Publix in my area which has a new sign that's got me looking for a fight. I will continue to ignore it regardless, though no longer quietly. Time to start making people uncomfortable. But I want to have my ducks in a row before I show my ass though.

The sign said customers are legally required to use a facial covering over nose and mouths while in store. Lex county, outside of city limits. Do they have a legal leg to stand on?
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

What happened to “their house, their rules”. Don’t like it, go somewhere else.... Asking for a friend of course
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

Quote Originally Posted by everlast View Post
    Where can one find the up to date, pertinent mask laws for an area? Just went to Publix in my area which has a new sign that's got me looking for a fight. I will continue to ignore it regardless, though no longer quietly. Time to start making people uncomfortable. But I want to have my ducks in a row before I show my ass though.

The sign said customers are legally required to use a facial covering over nose and mouths while in store. Lex county, outside of city limits. Do they have a legal leg to stand on?
    I didn’t think Lexington county had extended their ordinance. I could be wrong but I seem to remember hearing that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

There are no laws passed by legitimate legislatures.

Every mask mandate that I have seen is an executive order.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    What happened to “their house, their rules”. Don’t like it, go somewhere else.... Asking for a friend of course
    They have that right, no doubt. I'll ignore it, and they are free to enforce it and ask me to leave, and I will. However, if they are misrepresenting the law, using scare tactics to influence the few holdouts, then that where I have an issue. I'll dig my heels in even deeper at that point.

There's a fine line between respecting the wishes of an owner of a private entity and bowing down to political shenanigans and their use of corporations to pressure people into compliance.
    Last edited by everlast; 11-30-2020 at 07:11 PM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    Exactly.

-Samuel Adams

You idiots get riled up about the dumbest shit.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Everlast, I am equally as pissed. I got San Jose take out and swooped in for the clam chowder at said publix for lunch tomorrow. What in the actual fuck is tomato basil soup? They have dungeness crabs but don't put em on display, ~ pro tip! Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    You idiots get riled up about the dumbest shit.
    Giving the inch turns into their taking a mile. Those who comply with the little things comply with the big things that have caused tons of small businesses to close, drastic spike in mental health issues and suicides, job loss, homelessness, etc. and will get worse. People who think that concern about mass social engineering and control is getting riled up about dumb shit is the reason this country is on the brink.
    Last edited by everlast; 11-30-2020 at 07:47 PM.
    -Samuel Adams

The real reason you don't wanna wear a mask is so you can eat free grapes.
    Last edited by charlie horse; 11-30-2020 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie horse View Post
    Wait a minute here...Publix has free grapes?
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

I solved the problem with a mesh camo 1/2 face mask- I can breath free- glasses don't fog up- no one has said anything negative and the shop owners can say they are complying as required to stay open- the Patriot owners have signs but when you enter- everyone is free balling so to speak. Went to PSA the other day- zero masks anywhere.

Edited to add- Fuck anyone not 100% supporting Trump and Fuck the political China Kung Flu
    Last edited by Bad Habit; 11-30-2020 at 07:54 PM.

Time to start making people uncomfortable.
    What's the plan?

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernWake View Post
    What's the plan?
    1 slice at a time

Quote Originally Posted by charlie horse View Post
    We just pull ours up.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Giving the inch turns into their taking a mile. Those who comply with the little things comply with the big things that have caused tons of small businesses to close, drastic spike in mental health issues and suicides, job loss, homelessness, etc. and will get worse. People who think that concern about mass social engineering and control is getting riled up about dumb shit is the reason this country is on the brink.
    I just go where I want to with or without a mask.

Or, I simply choose not to show my ass and go elsewhere that is a bit more my speed.

I could always get all riled up and bitch about it on the internet, but I don't recall being at stay at home mom that bitches about my favorite grocery chain when I run out of other shit to bitch about.

Carry on with yo bad self, though. I'm sure you're super scary when you get all hot and bothered.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

85-90% of Americans wearing masks and the cases continue to climb? Y’all keep on wearing them mask!

Quote Originally Posted by jevans View Post
    85-90% of Americans wearing masks and the cases continue to climb? Y’all keep on wearing them mask!
    Now don’t you come in here spouting off that kind of rhetoric.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    I just go where I want to with or without a mask.

Or, I simply choose not to show my ass and go elsewhere that is a bit more my speed.

I could always get all riled up and bitch about it on the internet, but I don't recall being at stay at home mom that bitches about my favorite grocery chain when I run out of other shit to bitch about.

Carry on with yo bad self, though. I'm sure you're super scary when you get all hot and bothered.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Cool story, bro. Tell it again
    -Samuel Adams