Thread: Chimney Sweep/Repair Recommendation

Default Chimney Sweep/Repair Recommendation

Located in Prosperity. I have already gotten one quote and it was above $10k with over 75% of it being Labor alone. Was wondering if anybody else had any recommendations of somebody in the area to get a quote from. Original quote was from Mid Carolina Chimney Service

Quote Originally Posted by theoldblackdog View Post
    Located in Prosperity. I have already gotten one quote and it was above $10k with over 75% of it being Labor alone. Was wondering if anybody else had any recommendations of somebody in the area to get a quote from. Original quote was from Mid Carolina Chimney Service
    Is the chimney still attached to the house?

Hahaha yep and the report also said the foundation was good

Don't call TopHat in Columbia. He came out last year to sweep our chimney. He wrote 2 pages of notes the size of 2 in relation to Font and then when I told him I couldn't read it he said he would type it for an additional $400. Also said that builder in 2009 had something's wrong near top of chimney and he would fix for $1500-$2000K. Said if I burned another fire my house would catch on fire. Called Lexington County building inspector and they took a look and said all is well.....been burning fires ever since. He was a crook that actually wore a big black TopHat
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
    A larger caliber will help you with your deer kills. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I agree with timber22

I never wrote a review on him until tonight. 1st bad review I've ever written and damn it feels liberating finally. Even still have his BS report in the junk drawer!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
    A larger caliber will help you with your deer kills. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I agree with timber22

Quote Originally Posted by theoldblackdog View Post
    Hahaha yep and the report also said the foundation was good
    Just had mine swept and inspected in downtown Charleston for $200. We burn coal so they have to sweep slowly to avoid mess. Sounds like someone thinks you are a sucker.

I definitely won’t argue that he thinks my wife is a sucker. She’s the only one that’s dealt with him since she stays at home. I don’t need it cleaned. I know there’s some work that needs to be done but damn 7800 just for the labor to seal up the cracks and holes seems crazy