Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daughter’s biggest to dat ( 2nd deer)

Default Daughter’s biggest to dat ( 2nd deer)

My daughter killed this buck tonight with a 300 blk I built her smoked him at 125 yds got to get some different bullets he ran 150 yds and decided to die in the middle of a small beaver pond she laughed while I swam proud of this girl and to say she was excited and shook up is a understatement she cried when she shot him with excitement and cried when she thought we weren’t going to find him ( didn’t think I was pouring rain and spotted him in the pond) anyway 180 lb 6 pt with broke eye guard
    B3264453-2C3B-4513-9431-804FD740412E.jpg
    9EE5B240-3BDE-459D-8EE6-18FDD90C018A.jpg
    BC1E8DD7-60AA-47F2-8251-AD9341686666.jpg
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

Daddy’s girls have been getting it done this weekend. Good work stump!

Nice

Nice Brett.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Great job to the both of you..
    There's a fine line between HARDCORE AND IGNORANCE!

Had a similar shot on a similar buck with exact same round by my son and never found it ... get her a .260 Remington
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

You spoiled that girl,that ones going be hard to beat with how much trouble yall had to go through...Congrats young lady.

I can almost hear you the two of you breathing hard in that story...

Great job!

Nice work B!

Congratulations to the young lady!

I am going to have to do some research on rifles for her because she wants zero recoil,
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

Congrats! What’s the contraption holding the rifle?

Quote Originally Posted by Drylok View Post
    I can almost hear you the two of you breathing hard in that story...

Great job!
    Oh you have no idea , should have videoed the recovery it was comical but I was just so thankful to find him, the thought was starting to sink in that he was not going to be found. I’m frantically walking thru the woods with her in tow, pouring rain, running out of daylight, and looking back at her tearing up thinking we weren’t going to find him
    Last edited by Stumpknocker; 11-29-2020 at 09:51 PM.
    Rubberhead

Caldwell field pod,really great investment for youth and adults
    Last edited by Stumpknocker; 11-29-2020 at 09:50 PM.
    Rubberhead

But she almost made me tear up , when she grabbed him from me at the edge of the water and drug him 20 yds uphill by herself she is 10 85 lbs and she said “dad take a break I got this”
    Rubberhead

Great job yall!!

We have a field pod and it's a good piece of gear. Nice shot placement.

300BLK is not the best choice for deer killin as yall found out. You are probably going to get a bunch of folks arguing the point shortly, but the proof is in your experience. ( you are not alone). We have a club member who has bloodied up and lost 4 this year to that round.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpknocker View Post
    I am going to have to do some research on rifles for her because she wants zero recoil,
    Where are you located? If you wanted to let her shoot my 6.5 grendel, I don't mind so she can see the recoil. Its killed 6 deer this year from 50 yards all the way to 280. 2 of them ran but bled like stuck pigs. Zero recoil and in AR platform. That's it in the picture. Im located at Shaw afb/Sumter.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by duckcommander727; 11-30-2020 at 08:02 AM.
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Outstanding!

That's awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Fantastic!
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by duckcommander727 View Post
    Where are you located? If you wanted to let her shoot my 6.5 grendel, I don't mind so she can see the recoil. Its killed 6 deer this year from 50 yards all the way to 280. 2 of them ran but bled like stuck pigs. Zero recoil and in AR platform. That's it in the picture. Im located at Shaw afb/Sumter.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Might do that , or I might just sell the 300 blk upper with all the ammo I got and get a 6.5
    Rubberhead