Thread: Boykin and Lab Breeder

Default Boykin and Lab Breeder

I had a post in April about a boykin as my wife seems to really want one. We are compromising and getting both a lab and a boykin. I know what I am getting into with high energy dogs.
    https://scducks.com/forum/showthread...ght=boykin+lab

Anyone know of reputable breeders for either breed? I am fine with chocolate, yellow or black labs. Looking for a quality dog for each breed.

Dog will spend its time between Florida and SC hunting. I quail, snipe, duck, deer, dove hunt regularly. Looking for both females and they would also be house dogs around my 3 and 5 year old kids and be boat dogs in the summer.

John

You can give me a shout this week. I can help you find either one.
    Bay Creek Kennels- Hartsville, SC
    Owner/Trainer- Rhett Riddle
    Retriever & Obedience Training
    Cell-803-608-2252

Home of:
    HRCH Ace's Costa Del Mar MH. "Costa" 500 Point Club
    GRHRCH Costa's Signature Blend MH "Crown" 500 Point Club
    3x GRHRCH Crown of Ace's in Costa's Shadow MH QAA “Craig”

Neil Doyle up by Conway is who my little Boykin came from. He was absolutely fantastic to deal with, has a great little facility, is very knowledgeable and is who we will be going with for another one in the near future!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    Neil Doyle up by Conway is who my little Boykin came from. He was absolutely fantastic to deal with, has a great little facility, is very knowledgeable and is who we will be going with for another one in the near future!
    I will second Neil Doyle. I have 2 Boykins from him and they are both fantastic dogs.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

I got our lab Maggie (who is snoring on my bed right now) from HuntinCosta.

She doesn’t get hunted as much as she deserves but she is a heck of a good girl.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Was around a 6 year old chocolate lab that came from huntincosta this weekend. She doesnt really get hunted but loves to fetch bumpers, has a great temperament, and loves being around kids of varying ages. My buddy has an 11month old daughter and she has figured out if she sticks her face in the dogs face she will get a free face wash every time. She also crawls all over the dog and she doesn’t even lift her head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huntin Costa for labs and Neil Doyle for boykins.
    Molon Labe
    HRCH Coal's Sparkleberry Cache MH

Might wanna rethink 2 females.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Might wanna rethink 2 females.

Why

Something to consider:

https://pethelpful.com/dogs/The-Risk...wo-Female-Dogs

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

It's not a hard rule, of course, I'm certain there's many 2 dog packs that are both females that get along fine, but as spelled out in the article, it's like playing Russian roulette. Might want to consider one of each gender.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fair enough. My last two dogs were both female beagles and some of that article proved to be true. They def. got into it from time to time but one of them was crazy and mean from the start.

Thanks for the advice I will def. take into consideration.

Also, thanks to the above posts. I spoke to Neil so should be good to go on a boykin for 2021 and left message for Rhett.

Wife's gonna lay the boykin on you & refuse to admit she wanted that shit eater. Get it on tape now!

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Wife's gonna lay the boykin on you & refuse to admit she wanted that shit eater. Get it on tape now!
    Lol. I am sure it will be fine. I draw the line on a mean dog or one that would turn on one of my kids. From what I understand no one has had any issues with this breed and kids.
    High energy and crazy I can deal with.

Boykins are pretty wild till they get about a year old, but then, I could not ask for a better dog.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.