Thread: Advice from the sticks and strings crowd needed.

Default Advice from the sticks and strings crowd needed.

My youngest son (9) has really started showing an interest in bows. I have targets and the cheaper youth bows and arrows. Surprisingly this kid can hit well even with the cheap stuff. Thinking I’d be fueling an outdoor activity I am prepared to jump the hell in with both feet and fund him a nice set up for Christmas. I have heard from a buddy of mine he should get a mission switch. There are a ton of bows out there. What fits the bill for this adventure? I’m not saying he will be shooting deer on the regular but he loves the targets.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Mission. Both of my girls (11 and 14) have one and they love them. The Mission will grow with him until he’s ready for a more size specific bow.

Yep. Bought mine a Mission Switch for Christmas last year and he killed his first with it this year. Nice little bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

X3
    Both of my nephews shoot them. One is 8 and the other is 15. Great bow that can change with the shooter.

Any of the manufacturers adjustable bows will be fine. Most are built with easy adjustability built in and serve the purpose for that age. Whatever you can find used will be fine if you don’t want to spring for a new one.

Went through the same thing last year with my 9yo. I ended up getting him a Bear Cruzer Lite, which has been awesome for him. I don't see it available on their website so not sure if they make it any longer. I found it on camofire for 50% off.

Edit: This is what he has

https://www.amazon.com/Bear-Archery-.../dp/B077PBK9NJ
    Last edited by reeltight; 11-30-2020 at 03:26 PM.

Mission switch if you think he is really into it.

Diamond Edge second hand if you think it's still up in the air on his interest.

Both will server him well for quite some time.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Mission switch I handled one at the archery shop a few weeks ago very nice hell I’d shoot it.