Thread: Vaccine Passport

Default Vaccine Passport

https://www.foxcarolina.com/australi...lock_id=994154

Coming to an airline near you... And soon

Meanwhile...

China president proposes global QR code health system to boost travel amid pandemic

The system would keep track of a citizen's health status and travel records
    By Stephen Sorace | Fox News

Chinese President Xi Jinping on Saturday proposed using a digital health code system as a “fast track” for orderly travel between countries while calling for stronger international coordination to reestablish cross-border movement amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Xi addressed other world leaders at a virtual meeting for the G-20 Riyadh Summit when he said that a QR code system could help open up travel by allowing for coronavirus test results to be recognized internationally, the South China Morning Post reported.
    https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-...virus-pandemic

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/23/asia/...hnk/index.html

If everyone would refuse to do stupid shit they are told to do by politicians these kind of problems would go away.

I dont need to fly

I don't either, but I sure want to...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I don't either, but I sure want to...
    And overpay for cheeseburgers, lose half of your crap, and have to touch elbows with some uptight working stiff?

I like driving.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

FWIW - I have been working on government databases and data tracking platforms for about 15 years now. They (government in general, state, local, etc) have been working on and implementing similar programs since before I ever got involved with this type of work. They didn't function then and they don't function now. Whatever they are dreaming up will be destroyed by the government's own lack of foresight, budget, ability to meet goals, changing technology, inability to agree internally, absolute inability to agree with another branch or entity... I could go on all day.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be concerned or keep your eye on these movements - that would foolish. I am saying some here are giving government WAY more credit to assume that it could really accomplish anything in any type of timely or globally cooperative manner.

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    And overpay for cheeseburgers, lose half of your crap, and have to touch elbows with some uptight working stiff?

I like driving.
    I like driving too. It just isn't practical to drive to South America, if even possible. That Darien Gap...

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
    FWIW - I have been working on government databases and data tracking platforms for about 15 years now. They (government in general, state, local, etc) have been working on and implementing similar programs since before I ever got involved with this type of work. They didn't function then and they don't function now. Whatever they are dreaming up will be destroyed by the government's own lack of foresight, budget, ability to meet goals, changing technology, inability to agree internally, absolute inability to agree with another branch or entity... I could go on all day.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be concerned or keep your eye on these movements - that would foolish. I am saying some here are giving government WAY more credit to assume that it could really accomplish anything in any type of timely or globally cooperative manner.
    Rodney, I'm not an IT'er or hacker, and would tend to agree with you on the above, but as I'm sure you are aware the IT side of things is jumping forward by leaps and bounds on a weekly/monthly basis, and what hasn't been possible a few years ago is now old hat.

You're probably right in that it's the organizational/national/people side of things that will hold back the overall coordination and progress. However, there aren't that many central bankers to coordinate their side of things with the Federal Reserve associated banks, and China has already rolled out their digital currency, with a planned national rollout in 2022 (I think). If I'm not mistaken, it is also now used in place of the US Petro Dollar for payment for oil in many/most of the ME countries. Our own Fed's plans for their 'FED COIN' currency isn't far behind, assuming Trump is kept out of the White House. His presence and refusal to participate in these plans is what drew in the reported hundreds of $ millions of overseas money to the Dems.

With any luck, the politicians will keep the banks screwed up, and Bill Gates' plane will disappear in the Bermuda Triangle or something, but this Global Vaccine Passport is something that could be implemented within the next few years and the trials are already being implemented with several airlines between New York and London(?), and Hong Kong and Singapore, I believe. Inasmuch as all of our health records have now gone digital, linking to them as a travel requirement, as being proposed by China, wouldn't take much doing.

I'm only hoping that I'll be too old to care or even know what happens since I don't have any kids or young nephews/nieces, etc, to worry about but I do hope things work out for the rest of you.

Evil people abound and anyone who doubts that needs to get some O2...
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'