Thread: Help for the hurting

Default Help for the hurting

I don’t know why, but I had a really strong tug on my chest to post this tonight. DHalls post got me thinking about a lot. I haven’t always been the most “Godly” man or the most honest man. I’ve had hurt, a lot of hurt. I’ve been in some LOW spots in my life that I never thought I would get out of. I’ve done some things that I am very ashamed of and a lot of things that I would not want my kids to ever know I’ve done. I’ve drank way too much way too often, I’ve done some drugs, I’ve laid with whores, I’ve lied, I’ve cheated, I’ve done all kinds of stuff. But, in 2018 my life got to the lowest of lows. It got so low I was at the end and I could not take anymore. I had a “ breakdown” and it was bad. Very bad. To the point I spent 7 weeks in rehab. I lost my wife, for several months we didn’t sleep under the same roof, I lost friends, I lost everything I knew that was life. BUT, what I didn’t know, well, I knew it but had turned away from it, all of it was part of Gods plan, his plan for me to get my life back on track. I literally changed everything. I stopped drinking, I stopped the affairs, I stopped the relationships I had with very bad folks. Folks I thought were friends, but they were not. They were part of my problem. I found my relationship with Jesus again, I started going back to Church, participating in things at Church, volunteering for things at Church. I started back falling on my knees and asking God for help, direction, answers, and forgiveness. He reminded me that no matter what I had done, He was and always will be here for us if we seek him. I’m laying in bed listening to my 4 month along pregnant wife snore, in the next room is my 17 month old son tossing in his crib, who I spent all day with outside, feeding the deer and getting a stand ready for my nephew to hopefully shoot his first deer on over the Thanksgiving break. I’m driving to Charleston in the morning to pick my stepson up from CofC so he can spend the holidays with us. My same stepson that I’ve raised since he was 4. The same stepson who has seen my lows, the one who I’ve yelled at, spanked for stupid reasons, just plain out been not so much of a nice Dad to at times. My wife turned 40 on Oct 20th and I don’t know where I would be without her and her willingness to forgive me. I never wanted kids, so I thought and she always wanted more. I kept her from having “our” kids because I was so selfish, I was too busy being caught up in this crazy, bad world we live in. But, let me tell any of you that are struggling because I know there a guys on here that are. You may not want to admit it, but I see your social media posts, your Instagram posts, etc. IT IS NEVER TOO LATE! If you are struggling with anything, seek help, talk to someone, anyone, find somebody that will listen. Hell, I will listens. Any day, any time! Get your life right, make your marriage right, I know they can’t all work out like we want them to. I understand that some just can’t work but don’t just give up, give in. I’ve had to learn to give in, a lot. But I will say this, I have no regrets now, I love my wife more now than I ever had, I’m SO glad I finally decided to have my own kids. This boy means the world to me and I can’t wait until April to meet our daughter. We are signing a contract next week on “our” new house that has been my wife’s dream home for a long time. I’ve made a lot of mends with my stepson to try and get our relationship where it should’ve been a long time ago. Talk! Don’t keep things pent up inside! It make it all worse. Trust me! Get on your knees and pray! It is not too late. If you are hurting, going thru low times whatever you’re dealing with, you are not alone, I can promise somebody else is dealing with it too. Please find help. I have plenty of places to talk, I can put you in a deerstand, duck hole or fishing hole just about any day. Just know that I am here for ANY of you who see this, if you need me, pm me and I’ll gladly give you my number.

God has indeed blessed you with a new beginning.

I am glad you are doing much better now!

Amen!

well i'll be damned. this place is full of sinners?

You are on the right track. Keep on keepin' on....

Thanksgiving is a perfect time to assess life.

Give your step son a big hug, look him in the eye, and enjoy the ride.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Prayers for continued healing. God takes trials, pain and suffering and will turn them into victories. I’m living proof of that, you just have to turn to him and ask.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Great story and thank you for sharing! Best Thanksgiving wishes to you and your family!

God's plans are always better than ours. Sometimes He has to push us to get us there, but in the end, it's always a beautiful thing. Congrats and good on you for posting your story. You're heading in the right direction. Prayers for continued perseverance.

God's grace is an amazing thing. Glad you spoke up about your experience and for reaching out to anyone else who might need it.

"You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore." Psalm 16:11
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Amen. I usually turn around on long write ups on here but so glad I stayed on yours. God bless you on the new beginning in your life. Congratulations and stay at it.

Beautiful testimony. Thank you so much for sharing.

This gave me chills. God is good all the time brother!

Thank you for sharing. Have a wonderful thanksgiving, and hug that step-son.

Thank you for that.

You stood on the brink and turned back.

Thank you for sharing, and congratulations on your new home and children.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

What a weight lifted, and a burden shed, when we bring into the light what we hid in the dark for so long!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We always have something to be thankful for, often it is hidden because we refuse to look for it. Happy Thanksgiving, enjoy your time with family.
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter

Thanks for sharing. We need to be reminded of this.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Good stuff! Praise God!

It takes a man to admit his faults and problems. Good for you! God is Great and He wants so much for our lives if we will search His will and follow His way!
    Psalm 42:1 "As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God."

Quote Originally Posted by davisd9 View Post
    It takes a man to admit his faults and problems. Good for you! God is Great and He wants so much for our lives if we will search His will and follow His way!
    Amen. I can't add much to this. Happy Thanksgiving!