Thread: Daily Devotional 11/23

Default Daily Devotional 11/23

Luke 24:44-49

English Standard Version

44 Then he said to them, “These are my words that I spoke to you while I was still with you, that everything written about me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.” 45 Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures, 46 and said to them, “Thus it is written, that the Christ should suffer and on the third day rise from the dead, 47 and that repentance for[a] the forgiveness of sins should be proclaimed in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem. 48 You are witnesses of these things. 49 And behold, I am sending the promise of my Father upon you. But stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high.”

CLOTHED WITH POWER

November 23, 2020

The power of the Holy Spirit, which Jesus referred to as “the promise of My Father” (Luke 24:49), is available to everyone who has trusted in Jesus Christ for salvation. But unfortunately, many believers neglect the Spirit’s power and try to do God’s work in their own human energy.

Consider the difference between a sedan and a race car. Both vehicles run, but what is under the hood of the race car makes it far more powerful than the sedan. This is similar to the difference between relying on ourselves and relying on the Spirit of God.

We often think that the power of the Holy Spirit is available only to pastors and missionaries, but this power is available to every believer (Eph. 1:19). It is easier to access when we are ...

Convicted of our inadequacy. This means acknowledging we cannot do anything apart from Jesus (John 15:5).
    Repentant. Sin short-circuits the power of the Holy Spirit, but confession and repentance maintain fellowship with God.
    Prayerful. The Holy Spirit intercedes on our behalf when we come to God in prayer (Rom. 8:26-27).
    When we trust God to provide the stamina for the work He calls us to do, we are clothed in power. Is your confidence in yourself or in Him?

In Touch Ministries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to see this back! We need it