Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Archery Deer

Nice work.

Good deal. The close range challenges you talked about are what makes it so much different and so rewarding.

Quote Originally Posted by davisd9 View Post
    I was looking forward to the comments on the face paint and this is the best one I have gotten.

Probably do not need it in the morning with the sun direction on this stand, but my fat cheeks, big forehead, and high hair line shines like a light house when the sun is beaming on it. I truly think that is what the big 10 pt saw when he turned as I was not wearing any thing on my face or head.
    Anyone snarking on face paint hasn’t locked eyes with a old doe or buck at 20 yards whilst holding a stick and string. Something is going to hide my face/break up my eyes if I’m bow hunting whether it’s a mask when cold or paint when warm.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

I have counted coup twice on a live deer over the years. Ain't no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    Anyone snarking on face paint hasn’t locked eyes with a old doe or buck at 20 yards whilst holding a stick and string. Something is going to hide my face/break up my eyes if I’m bow hunting whether it’s a mask when cold or paint when warm.
    Agreed. I wear a mask and gloves no matter the temps.

Lightweight mask and gloves for me also. I remember years ago seeing an aerial photo of a wetlands area with alot of duck hunters looking up at the plane and the white faces stood out like snowballs on an asphalt road.