Thread: 2 - 3 Gun Holster Preferences?

Default 2 - 3 Gun Holster Preferences?

For those of you who participate in the 2 gun or 3 gun games, what holsters are you using and recommend?

I think I'm looking for something that might be a low-rise (gun butt no higher than top of belt or so), but not a thigh rig.

Suggestions?
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

I use a Safariland ALS and GLS. G Code is another good one. If gun falls out you’re done. You might be climbing, getting in and out of vehicles, etc so you need something with positive retention. Seen more than a few people go home early because their pistol bounced of the holster on the run.

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    I use a Safariland ALS and GLS. G Code is another good one. If gun falls out you’re done. You might be climbing, getting in and out of vehicles, etc so you need something with positive retention. Seen more than a few people go home early because their pistol bounced of the holster on the run.
    That's what I was thinking... 'Level III' retention or something similar.
    ~ George Washington

If your pistol has a light rail, the Blackhawk Carnivore works well.

Unfortunately the only 3 gun left in SC is the Pro Am at the Clinton House. 3 gun nation went tits up and the local matches have all but dried up. A couple of good monthly matches in NC, Carolina Guns and Gear in Asheboro, Walnut Grove in Bostic, Ant Hill in Supply on 5th Sunday.

Oh well, not going to worry about it then. I’ll see what’s going on locally once the ammo loosens up.

Thanks.
    ~ George Washington

No input regarding 3 gun but I prefer the ride height you referenced. Work requires level 2 minimum, which is what I typically run. Safariland low ride holster mount with an ALS level 2 and nub mod.. add a “thigh strap” between the holster and holster mount limits a any “flop” when running or getting in and out of vehicles. Stole this set from a DAGRE/SWAT officer that runs a YouTube channel.
    Last edited by tjm84; 12-06-2020 at 08:56 PM.
    “Get out among the mountains and trees, friend, as soon as you can. They will do more for you than either man or woman could.” Theodore Roosevelt to John Muir after his wife's passing in 1905.

Quote Originally Posted by tjm84 View Post
    No input regarding 3 gun but I prefer the ride height you referenced. Work requires level 2 minimum, which is what I typically run. Safariland low ride holster mount with an ALS level 2 and nub mod.. add a “thigh strap” between the holster and holster mount limits a any “flop” when running or getting in and out of vehicles. Stole this set from a DAGRE/SWAT officer that runs a YouTube channel.
    You are reading my mind about the single strap, if I decide on the low vs mid rise height, although I don’t know what the ‘nub mod’ is. Will check on it.

Thanks!
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 12-06-2020 at 11:18 PM.
    ~ George Washington

The Nub is an extension for the lock release on the ALS. A must have. I also use the QLS attachment, it gives some clearance from the belt and you can take the holster off your belt if you don’t need it.
    There is a 2 Gun match between Patrick and Cheraw. I shot the season finale Saturday. Rifle out to 600 yds and pistol out to 100. It’s a challenging little match. It had rough to start, but has gotten progressively better each time I’ve shot it.
    Tactical is a 223 or 308. Max bullet weight of 77 gr for 223, and 178 gr the 308. 2800 FPS speed limit.
    Open is anything up to 300 win mag and 3200 FPS speed limit.
    Pistol is a max of 45 ACP and optics are allowed.
    I think we had 80 shooters Saturday and an impressive prize table for a local match.
    Last edited by FLS; 12-07-2020 at 07:51 AM.

T. rex arms makes a very nice mid rise holster. Runs the qls and strap but it’s not level 3.

https://www.trex-arms.com/store/ragnarok/