Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hide your cheese

Default Hide your cheese

I told you they were coming...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    For sure. The citizens of the Soviet Union knew it as Chekism. Another brilliant plan of Beria's.

Those types are with us always. Trad could have certainly told you that. As you say, in times like these, they are emboldened. If encouraged, like the Soviets did, they become the people who torture old people, rape school kids, whatever it takes to get a confession from you about anything to add to their newfound "prestige"...
    And just like that...

Gov. Brown encourages Oregonians to call police on neighbors who violate COVID-19 freeze

9:54 PM PST November 20, 2020

PORTLAND, Ore. — Days before Thanksgiving, Oregon Gov. Kate Brown said she believes residents who know their neighbors are violating the most recent round of COVID-19 protocols, which includes capping the number of people allowed in your home at six, should call the police.

“This is no different than what happens if there's a party down the street and it's keeping everyone awake,” Brown said in an interview Friday. “What do neighbors do [in that case]? They call law enforcement because it's too noisy. This is just like that. It's like a violation of a noise ordinance.”

The restrictions, known as a freeze, were implemented this week via an executive order by the governor. For the next two weeks in Oregon, and four weeks in Multnomah County, residents are banned from eating out at restaurants and going to the gym, among other restrictions. Social gatherings in our homes are also limited to no more than six people. Violators could face up to 30 days in jail, $1,250 in fines or both.

Critics of the freeze have called it unconstitutional. Clackamas County Chair-elect Tootie Smith said on FOX News the freeze made Oregonians “second-rate slaves” in their own homes.

On Friday, the Marion County Sheriff’s office said in a statement, “We recognize that we cannot arrest or enforce our way out of the pandemic, and we believe both are counterproductive to public health goals."

“Look, all of this is irresponsible,” Brown said in response to those criticisms. “These are politicians seeking headlines, not public servants, trying to save lives. My top priority as governor is to keep Oregonians healthy and safe. That's where I'm focused.”

The governor said Friday she’s promoting an “education-first” model, and she hopes enforcement won’t be needed. But she is employing the option in Oregon.

“This is about saving lives and it's about protecting our fellow Oregonians,” she said. “We have too many sporadic cases in Oregon. We can't trace these cases to a particular source. We have to limit gatherings and social interactions.”

In its daily COVID-19 briefing Friday, the Oregon Health Authority reported a record-high 1,306 new cases of the virus statewide.

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/pol...6-882004da1862

What do you expect from people who would let an HOA tell them what color they could paint the damn mailbox
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

They might get me in a rush but not before I make you head into a canoe!

I promise you that I would still be there on the day that that POS moved out after he sold his house trying to get away from me

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

No empathy here for Oregonians, etc. Those boneheads voted that kind of scum into office, so they get to deal with the crap that comes with it.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Do they even have popo in Oregon anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    Do they even have popo in Oregon anymore?
    No.. If someone bothers you, assaults you or steals from you, just go buy/use some heroin... then you will either not know or not care. All of life’s problems solved
    “Get out among the mountains and trees, friend, as soon as you can. They will do more for you than either man or woman could.” Theodore Roosevelt to John Muir after his wife's passing in 1905.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    No empathy here for Oregonians, etc. Those boneheads voted that kind of scum into office, so they get to deal with the crap that comes with it.
    There were ballot measures in several Oregon counties for the rural parts to secede and become part of Idaho.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...-of-idaho/amp/

I think that y'all are quite missing the point...

I ain't. Fuck Oregon
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I think that y'all are quite missing the point...
    But history is in the past and never repeats itself so why worry?

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    While I totally understand your point, I would like to point out that not everyone in Oregon voted for her. Just like everywhere else in the country the problem is that elections are generally decided in the major city centers. Unfortunately that elected official then is the representative for everyone in the state including the more rural areas where many folks strongly disagree with what that person stands for. It’s the same here in California where most of my neighbors don’t want anything to do with Democrats and yet here we are as a deep Blue state!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Columbia writes 130 mask tickets during weekend enforcement blitz

BY CHRIS TRAINOR
    NOVEMBER 22, 2020

Columbia officials recently warned that any grace period that existed relating to enforcing the city’s mask mandate during the COVID-19 pandemic had come to an end.

They weren’t bluffing.

The Columbia Fire Department issued 130 mask tickets during a three-night period from Thursday through Saturday. Each of those citations was for $100, courtesy of a beefed-up mask mandate the city approved earlier this month.

According to Mayor Steve Benjamin, there were 27 mask citations issued on Thursday night, 64 on Friday night, and 39 on Saturday night. Fire Chief Aubrey Jenkins says the vast majority of those tickets were written in the Five Points nightlife district.

The 130 citations over three days was a significant escalation in mask tickets for the city. Until the weekend blitz, the city had issued only about 50 citations since city council first passed a mask ordinance in June.

“Over the course of when the ordinance first came into effect, we hadn’t been writing many citations,” Jenkins told The State. “We were just educating and warning people. We were giving them an opportunity. But now that (COVID-19) is really spiking, we have to take some evasive actions.

“It’s not about writing tickets. It’s about getting people to look at the seriousness of what’s going on.”

Benjamin, the third-term Columbia mayor, implored people to wear masks as the pandemic worsens nationally. He warned the city will continue its heightened mask enforcement.

“Citizens are sick and tired of reckless behavior as loved ones perish,” the mayor said. “COVID cases continue to rise and our economy is disrupted. Patience has run thin, and citations and penalties will accelerate if folks continue to flout the law.

“Please wear your mask.”

https://www.thestate.com/news/corona...247355579.html

Now would be the time to absolutely follow all politicians to ensure they are doing as they mandate. As soon as they violate said ordinance go to the press with photos/video.

Quote Originally Posted by JBtflo View Post
    Now would be the time to absolutely follow all politicians to ensure they are doing as they mandate. As soon as they violate said ordinance go to the press with photos/video.
    Bo' have you not read Animal Farm?

All animals are equal.....some are just more equal than others.

I still wonder about the ticket writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    Bo' have you not read Animal Farm?

All animals are equal.....some are just more equal than others.

It will give them (another) reason to protest there.

Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

Benjamin and the CoC can go suck something