Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Text Messages

I used to answer texts 24/7 until I realized the only people calling on a Saturday night were half lit so I quit that annoying shit. My managers normally cut their phones off on the weekends and start back Sunday night. Ain’t no such thing as a mosquito emergency. ��
    Windows Down!

I text my crewing girl to find out what boat they need me on the Monday before I’m due back & she lets me know & says travel will be emailed by end of day. At home I text contractors etc more then call them cause I think it’s easier.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie horse View Post
    You know I do. I got accused of being non responsive this morning by a person that hasn’t signed a job and I’ve been over there 5 times and revised his quote 6. I feel like I’ve done all I can. I told him peace out.
    80/20 rule. 80 percent of your problems come from 20 percent of your clients. Drop that 20. They ate hogging your valuable time. Wish we could do this with patients.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

I don't work for myself, and texts are rare, but I'm pretty much the go-to at my job. And for the record, I'm fairly sure that in the history of municipal water and sewer service that no municipal water or sewer line has ever blown out during business hours.

at like 8:30, I'd hope they'd know me pretty well..

but honestly, my first reply is not a fair assessment, it's not like I hand out my cell number to random customers. I have to keep my phone on and around, alarm systems and things of that nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I will answer business text etc from close friends inside a very tight circle. The rest wait until I get back to the office. Otherwise all I would be doing is working all the time for free since a majority aren’t my clients anyway.

They all start the same way, “I hate to bother you when you’re off but I’m going to do it anyway...”
    Yes.

Especially when I get a good laugh out of the video of their wife kick’n tha shit out of the transfer switch....

My work pays for my phone. I have no problem answering a question after hours with it.

Responding to texts/emails sets in motion other distractions. Which takes valuable time away from my family. I'm trying to do better with making priorities. 99% of the time it can wait til tomorrow. Life is short.

Absolutely not. The main reason I removed myself from the residential market. Commercial/development side of things contains so much less headaches. There is zero emotion involved whatsoever...

My time/my family's time comes first.

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    Absolutely not. The main reason I removed myself from the residential market. Commercial/development side of things contains so much less headaches. There is zero emotion involved whatsoever...

My time/my family's time comes first.
    I have thought about our conversation we had regarding this subject when we were squirrel hunting several times,

You were spot on
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Yes, that’s what sets me above the competition
    "some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters"-Archibald Rutledge

Yes
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Dick View Post
    Yes.

Especially when I get a good laugh out of the video of their wife kick’n tha shit out of the transfer switch....
    Like I said. Tight circles.

You gotta admit. She skrowng.

I feel like I need to text several of y’all this morning and ask some questions

I’ll answer after hours if I know it’s important. I’ve found good communication with clients up front and through the process helps negate 90% of after hours calls.

It also depends on your industry. I deal with commercial deals so most of those know it better be a big deal to call at night or weekends. If you’re dealing with the general public I feel for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    If you’re dealing with the general public I feel for you.
    The public is getting more "general" that is for sure. Most of the time we have had some idea who we are meeting or who is calling beforehand. That is fixing to change and you just can't know who the tire kickers are from the buyers.