Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you still balance your checkbook

Nope.

Wife's pay and my direct deposits all go the same account... hers. She keeps an eye on the transactions. If I plan to spend more than $200 I let her know. All normal expenses like fuel, food, etc. go on a credit card she pays all the bills. Got tired of fighting with her and just gave in... glad I did.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by SCHUNTINFANATIC View Post
    We have 1 acct, wife just swipes and depends on me to make sure it’s there, she’s not a big spender and rarely even
    looks at the accts. I buy crap all the time and she never says much until it’s her turn to buy something, then she brings up everything I’ve bought in the last year. Weird how they can remember that shit when they want to. Lol
    Like I’m looking in the mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    I have always maintained a paper register for my checking accounts, even with the advent of online banking. Do y'all still do that or do you think it's a waste of time? If you don't, what is your method for monitoring your checking account? Just reviewing it for any anomalies?
    Damn Right and if you don't you are really dumb or stupid or both. God Bless this world
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

We have 1 acct, wife just swipes and depends on me to make sure it’s there, she’s not a big spender and rarely even
    looks at the accts. I buy crap all the time and she never says much until it’s her turn to buy something, then she brings up everything I’ve bought in the last year. Weird how they can remember that shit when they want to. Lol
    Exactly how we roll.
    I do have a business LLC acct where rental properties' funds are direct deposited into from a property management co. each month that i think she has forgotten about and is where all my fun tickets usually come from.
    Last edited by ecu1984; 11-20-2020 at 09:41 PM.

Sounds eerily similar to our house. Amazing how many little things she remembers I bought

No. Never have and I’m 44. Always knew where my money went when single. When I got married I started using an app.

I use a credit card for 100% of my transactions, but still record everything in a register. I make sure everything matches at the end of the cycle and pay it off fully.

Quote Originally Posted by Spur hunter View Post
    Yes. Do you carry cash? Do you still have a phone land line? We do.
    yes and yes!

granted, I dont think our ringer is on???
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Personal account HELL NO. No checks written, all debit card or drafts

Have 2 business accounts, I do not really balance the checkbook but all mine is uploaded into QB and I keep an eye on my very closely . Again neither of these have many checks other than payroll checks. Everything else is electronic . My 2 are pretty simple and easy to keep up with

I always log onto both business accounts first thing in the morning and sometime after lunch, I advise my clients to do the same.

Still have a few clients that do it the “old fashioned way” and it works for them but most have moved away from it to be honest