Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kent Bismuth 4s

Quote Originally Posted by UPSTATEWATERFOWLER View Post
    Davisd9, if you enjoy patterning your gun, go for it. There’s nothing wrong with knowing it hits where you point. It eliminates all excuses for a miss.
    Appreciate it friend! They do not bother me. All it takes is 10 minutes and at minimal a milk jug to walk 25 steps and shoot once. Would keep from having to get frustrated on a hunt and dump shells in the water.

I have seen the paper masters. You see them a lot in turkey hunting world. They can put 350 hits in a 10” circle at 40 yards but never kill a turkey. The real world is you are not sitting on a bench shooting at a perfectly still target. Plus you get the shakes and adrenaline, you need that big open pattern just in case. Guys can do what they want. I prefer to know so if there is an issue I can know why and change it. Many hunts I know it is the shooter and nothing more.
    Psalm 42:1 "As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God."

Yep, same choke in both barrels, always. If there's a 25 in the bottom, there's a 25 in the top. All that matters to me is that there's enough choke.

If you're thinking about choke while you're shooting, you're doing it wrong. Mental chatter makes you miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    For 2th

Kidding, it's mine

Attachment 61244
    Thats a classic right there. Even down to the decapitated wooden that resulted from the redneck windmill.

It's easier on my head.

Turkey shoot techs are the nerdiest people that wear camo

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    Thats a classic right there. Even down to the decapitated wooden that resulted from the redneck windmill.
    I mean, you didn't expect me to bite the head like a degenerate caveman..

I’m a biter.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    If you're thinking about choke while you're shooting, you're doing it wrong. Mental chatter makes you miss.
    I witnessed this first hand one day, I have a friend who shoots competitively, I’m sure you probably know him to some extent. We used to shoot together a good bit and over the course of 7 or 8yrs I never outshot him. I’d always lag 7-8 birds behind him. Until one Sunday afternoon we went to shoot and he started looking for his box of choke tubes because he wanted to change chokes. He tore his truck apart looking for them to realize he had left them at home. Before we fired the first shot he was talking about how he was overchoked. The first station I had a one bird lead and the second station a 2 bird lead. I kept my head down and tried not to think about it and I ended up beating him by 7 birds that day. I’ve never beat him since.

On the way home that day I asked him what choke was in his gun that he felt was too tight. Turned out he was shooting the same choke I was
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    I’m a biter.
    the last one I bit spoonbill brain matter shot into the back of my throat.. after a long night.

Serious bite pressure.

a bunch of pent up annoyance

A leak in your waders?

nope, the disbeliefs of watching spoonbills for two hours fill the sky

I love shovelers. Are you prejudiced against them?

yes. I don't like eating them.. they're beautiful birds though. I feel like I've killed enough though. The year before I had been shooting them off a tractor trailer load of corn large enough you could have been able to pick it up off of google earth if Mexico's images weren't so grainy. Then waited three years for a draw, killed my one brown duck and a blue wing.. After that my old hunting partner and I basically watched and argued about shovelers for the rest of the morning.

in all honesty I about killed one a few years back just to do a taste test.. being as I've never killed one this far inland, and the fact that I've never killed one in our swamp. Nutz and I were chillin in my boat in that black willowed up bottom that you and I crossed rabbit hunting that day, it was full of water. I picked out green drifting through some willows.. instantly thought mallard until he started flapping, I didn't get an ethical shot on him.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 11-30-2020 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tman View Post
    Which category are you in?

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
    Fish spends more time working on qi and zen, than a patterning board.......

If you guys want to shoot, I’ll be happy to meet up.

How much on the line. Sporting clays only

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Haha, it's a seminole. I can't even remember where I got them from, but several years back I was looking for an imp c for that one and threw it on. It doesn't come off.. the rest of my guns chokes don't change, all beretta chokes.
    I have a Seminole choke in light mod for my old Super 90 and it hasn't been taken out since I bought it.

If ya'll are laying down some cash I'm in. Name the place an how much I need to put in the pot and I'll be there.