Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kent Bismuth 4s

I’m not trying to run anyone off. We’ll just shoot. If you want to bet when we get there, we can figure it out then.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    If you guys want to shoot, I’ll be happy to meet up.

This is your video I was talking about Sat.
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Tekton Game Calls

843-290-9569

I'm always down for a friendly bet, $20 for every bird that loser gets beat by, and loser buys rounds?

Chris, I'm afraid that I wont be able to bet with you, my money would be quickly wasted.

"I think I'm going to put my gun up."
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    FISH is a dick

I'm always up for shooting sporting clays. Money or not. Will be in Florida these next 2 weekends for tournaments but will be fairly open until the end of January.

Quote Originally Posted by WetDawg_is_back View Post
    "I think I'm going to put my gun up."
    hahaha...classic

Tekton Game Calls

843-290-9569

I'll shoot..

I'm gonna have to insist you wear socks of either black or white. None of that multi colored mess you call socks.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Spikeless footjoys?

Tekton Game Calls

843-290-9569

I'll shoot, but I'm leaving my wallet in the truck.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by FULLCHOKE View Post
    I'm always down for a friendly bet, $20 for every bird that loser gets beat by, and loser buys rounds?
    Seriously, that can get out of control. Do you shoot competitively?

Check out those new Boss shells. They offer a copper-plated Bismuth for what I understand is a budget friendly price, as far as high density waterfowl loads go.

About $1.25 per round if you go for the 200 shell pack.

https://bossshotshells.com/products/...2-GA-234-114-5

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 11-30-2020 at 12:12 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Bismuth's density at 9.75g/cc, while a bit shy of that of lead, which is 11.4g/cc, it's still a good bit better than steel.

For comparison, bismuth is almost 20% denser than steel, which is between about 7.8 and 8g/cc depending how its mixed.

Last edited by willyworm; 11-30-2020 at 12:53 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Quote Originally Posted by joeydpga View Post

This is your video I was talking about Sat.
    Heck yeah. I haven’t seen that in a long while. All of that happened over the course of maybe 15 minutes. It was a quick limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Seriously, that can get out of control. Do you shoot competitively?
    I'm fully aware that it can, I've for sure been burned before on it. I used to, don't have the time anymore. I don't have the time to travel to any of the registered shoots anymore, wish I did. Back in college I collected a handful of hardware from a few national championships. (ACUI, SCTP)

Not trying to be an ass, just like the opportunity of a bet, I miss the competition and pressure.
    Last edited by FULLCHOKE; 11-30-2020 at 01:28 PM.

Still in, but I'm temperamental and I don't like traveling.

I won money in our old men's dogfight yesterday so I'm a bit cocky. I want Tyson

Joey, no sir

Quote Originally Posted by santee11 View Post
    I bought a case of hevi x steel a few years ago and I will say they are the worst steel shot I have ever used. I am typically pretty good with the shot gun but it was embarrassing. The last time I shot them was with the bro in law one morning. I was wiffing on easy shots and I had enough. I threw the shells in the water and grabbed a handful of whatever he was shooting. After that I couldn’t miss. I have found great differences in steel shot and price doesn’t seem to matter.
    I'll never buy a single shell of Hevi anything ever again. Out of two cases I bought last year, over 50% of the shells wouldn't go bang. They weren't wet, they were literally pulled out of a dry box inside the house before the hunts. Tested in multiple guns, and confirmed my gun was working fine with other shells.

The icing on the cake was a solo day in the timber when ducks were doing it right. I hadn't scouted, just went to one of my favorite holes not expecting much ... I put around 150 ducks on the water in groups of 3 - 20 throughout the morning, my gun went 'bang' about 10 times all morning out of 50 shells. Came out with 3 mallards and a wood duck, would have been done within an hour if not for the shells.

That seems to be my experience with both FastSteel and Rio.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by FULLCHOKE View Post
    Not trying to be an ass, just like the opportunity of a bet, I miss the competition and pressure.
    I am an ass. And I will give you an opportunity to bet, get some competition, pressure, and lose. When and where do we shoot?