Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kent Bismuth 4s

Quote Originally Posted by tman View Post
    It comes with the territory. I think more people that hand load pay more attention to their ammo, whether its rifle, pistol, or shotgun. Some folks have the "personality " for it, and some dont. I completely understand why lots of folks DONT shoot a $1-$2 shell at a paper target to see their duck patterns though.
    I agree and tinkering is fun for me.
    Psalm 42:1 "As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God."

wasting money shooting a few shells if it was productive would not bother me. I'm still of the opinion a lot out there are trying to shoot too tight of chokes, and blowing patterns, or are compensating for something..

I've shot tungsten, bismuth, lead, steel, everything at ducks.. There's not a person out there that convince me that some metals don't make a difference.. is it needed? not really. And it's really not if you take appropriate shots, but I have killed big ducks with #6 lead farther out than I'd shoot with steel. It's not always about shooting with "feet down" to me.

In a perfect world, we should all be shooting 1.5 oz loads of chilled lead #5s. Crippling losses would be decreased markedly.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    In a perfect world, we should all be shooting 1.5 oz loads of chilled lead #5s. Crippling losses would be decreased markedly.
    KNO DAT
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Look into the Boss Bismuth. Spendy, but a few of the guys I hunt with are reporting excellent results with the 12 gauge 2 3/4" 1.25 oz #5s or #4s. Copper plated bismuth.

If you are as good a shot as you claim, less than one box is all you should need for a limit. Damn the cost.

Several of my friends killed some NoDak Tundra Swans stone dead with the #4s.
    I use the bismuth #5 for when I catch the NC draw for swans. They are more than enough .

For those interested I patterned the Kent 4 bismuth in my A300. Shot at 25 yards ranged by range finder. Used factory flush mod and a Carlson extended Improved modified. I am going with the IM with them but the mod would work. Shot it once at 40 yards but did not take a picture, it will kill ducks all day that far but hoping for those 20-30 yard shots.

Kent 4s Mod choke

Kent 4s Improved Mod

Had some Hevi x 4s and 6s. Neither patterned work a dang in my other gun but figured why not. Used mod choke. Will hunt wood ducks with the Hevi x 6s as I was surprised by result this time. The 4s were trash and will shoot at squirrels with them.

Hevi X 6s mod choke

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Psalm 42:1 "As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God."

It comes with the territory. I think more people that hand load pay more attention to their ammo, whether its rifle, pistol, or shotgun. Some folks have the "personality " for it, and some dont. I completely understand why lots of folks DONT shoot a $1-$2 shell at a paper target to see their duck patterns though.
    Some guys pick up a gun and immediately see how it points. Some guys pick up a gun and check out the features. Guess which ones kill shit and which ones are gadget guys who suck for life at pointing a shotgun?

Hint - the guys who suck spend a lot of time at the patterning board.

I bought a case of hevi x steel a few years ago and I will say they are the worst steel shot I have ever used. I am typically pretty good with the shot gun but it was embarrassing. The last time I shot them was with the bro in law one morning. I was wiffing on easy shots and I had enough. I threw the shells in the water and grabbed a handful of whatever he was shooting. After that I couldn’t miss. I have found great differences in steel shot and price doesn’t seem to matter.

The last 2 posts are gospel. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Some guys pick up a gun and immediately see how it points. Some guys pick up a gun and check out the features. Guess which ones kill shit and which ones are gadget guys who suck for life at pointing a shotgun?

Hint - the guys who suck spend a lot of time at the patterning board.
    Which category are you in?

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

has 2th not jumped into this

i dont need a headache on a monday.

FWIW, i patterned some steel 4s at some wood ducks over the weekend. they all died. except one. I'm not sure why he didnt die. He kept flying. It was weird. The rest of them splashed, dead as a hammer. I didnt take many pics. I dont understand all the stupid pics people take. I WAS STANDING THERE! I know what it looked like. i DONT have to see your same pic of three dead wood ducks again. Oh...and pics of holes in white paper is boring, too....

Thanks. Now my head hurts....
    Last edited by 2thDoc; 11-30-2020 at 07:42 AM.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

For 2th

Kidding, it's mine

20201126_092357.jpg

Which category are you in?
    Come shoot a tournament with me and find out for yourself.

Edit to add - I get finding a POI on a board and I get checking how a shell distributes because constriction, speed, and volume do matter. I’m talking about guys who spend hours, days, making stacks of paper “testing” ammo.

I’ve never put a pattern on a board with my gun. I can see exactly what a load is doing and exactly where it’s going. I know that 1 1/8 ounce at 1,250 through a 20 choke doesn’t perform nearly as well as a 1 ounce load at 1,250 through a 25. The 1 1/8 load won’t smoke ball a target at 30 yards and the 1 ounce load will.
    Last edited by Fish; 11-30-2020 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Hint - the guys who suck spend a lot of time at the skeet range.
    FIFY

Davisd9, if you enjoy patterning your gun, go for it. There’s nothing wrong with knowing it hits where you point. It eliminates all excuses for a miss.

Cmon now, Fish seems more like a trap guy...

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    For 2th

Kidding, it's mine

20201126_092357.jpg
    That looks like a fancy aftermarket tube. Cant believe you were able to even cut feathers.

Screenshot_20201130-083337_Chrome.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Haha, it's a seminole. I can't even remember where I got them from, but several years back I was looking for an imp c for that one and threw it on. It doesn't come off.. the rest of my guns chokes don't change, all beretta chokes.

You get an odd number of chokes when you choke all of your doubles the same, both barrels