Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Kent Bismuth 4s

I'm aware, sounds like you need a humbling.

I'll PM you.

oh.. two snaps and a twist

If'n you all need an unbiased trapper/scorekeeper, I'll volunteer.

fyi, I have something for you GB.. I just haven't texted yet. my phone is like 5 feet away charging, and I'd have to get my feet off this desk and stand up.. so this was easier and before it slipped my mind, if you don't hear from me soon shoot me a text

Quote Originally Posted by FULLCHOKE View Post
    I'm aware, sounds like you need a humbling.

I'll PM you.
    No PM's.

Yall are gonna need some bystanders/average shooters to help fill in on this sort of matchup.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Y'all need to do this at Backwoods so some real money can get thrown in.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Was at Backwoods over the weekend. They have some big boy targets setup on Orange. FullChoke is gonna need a full choke.

I needed a telescope last time I was over there. My lead got so big I was shooting at the landing spot when the bird was coming out of the machine.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Fish ain't gone dew nothing. He pulled this same stunt a while back and never showed up to shoot.

Maybe he was out of coconut water?

Quote Originally Posted by tman View Post
    KPY Ballistics for lead, bismuth, and steel 3, 4, and 5 shot. Numbers ran for 1.5" of penetration. # of pellets in load for 1 oz of shot.

Attachment 60968
    Look at the range to target for lead -vs- steel or bismuth- really tells the tale

Yup. Not surprising to see how bismuth holds about the same amount of energy at impact at close to twice the range as the same size steel pellets. No comparison.

These pheasants don't even understand how inferior steel is compared to other options.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 12-01-2020 at 11:21 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater77 View Post
    Fish ain't gone dew nothing. He pulled this same stunt a while back and never showed up to shoot.
    There was no shoot. It was someone else posing as Flop.

Either way, looks like FULLCHOKE wants to meet in February. Probably be around Charleston, so Bluefield or Backwoods. We’ll just have to wait and see.
    Last edited by Fish; 12-03-2020 at 09:18 AM.

Yall post the place and date and I will try to attend. I could use the free coaching.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

You are welcome to come shoot with us at Bluefield anytime you want. Everyone is welcome. You don't have to be a good shot or have an expensive gun to come out and have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Look into the Boss Bismuth. Spendy, but a few of the guys I hunt with are reporting excellent results with the 12 gauge 2 3/4" 1.25 oz #5s or #4s. Copper plated bismuth.

If you are as good a shot as you claim, less than one box is all you should need for a limit. Damn the cost.

Several of my friends killed some NoDak Tundra Swans stone dead with the #4s.
    I want to use my Sweet Sixteen for ducks a little more, and at least in that gauge, BOSS is cheaper than Kent Bismuth (maybe not now that I see a box is 20 shells). Steel is obviously cheaper, and I haven't had any issues out of the old barrels yet, but I don't want to risk it. I will likely try out the Boss soon.
    Last edited by WNM; 12-03-2020 at 05:04 PM.

Default Kent Bismuth 4s

Quote Originally Posted by WNM View Post
    I want to use my Sweet Sixteen for ducks a little more, and at least in that gauge, BOSS is cheaper than Kent Bismuth (maybe not now that I see a box is 20 shells). Steel is obviously cheaper, and I haven't had any issues out of the old barrels yet, but I don't want to risk it. I will likely try out the Boss soon.
    You won’t be sorry. That absolutely hammer them. I’m done shooting anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by FEETDOWN; 12-03-2020 at 08:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

I ordered some 16ga #5s from Boss on Tuesday. They shipped yesterday and will be delivered tomorrow. I hope the shells live up to their reputation. So far, the company is exceeding my expectations for customer service. When I called their phone number, a very nice lady answered the phone and my questions.

What is the date of the humbling? I need to check the tournament schedule to see if I can make it.

Fish, it's February... send me a PM