Thread: New Mathews

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by dixiedeerslaya View Post
    what is it about the newer bows that make them more "forgiving"?
    I don't know the required jargon of the industry to explain it scientifically but here's what "forgiving" means in layman's experience.

My old Jennings (2000 era) that was gifted to me was a bow I could never get consistent groups with, no matter how often I corrected my form, no matter how I obsessed over what I was doing wrong and worked to correct it. No matter how I adjusted the pins, etc. I agonized over paper tuning, etc.

Finally, a good buddy of mine saw me shooting it and said I needed an upgrade. I took his advice and bought a new Mathews HTR in '16 and suddenly became a good shot. It's as if the problem wasn't me after all at all. I shit you not.

I still check my form, follow through, etc, but there's no way I went from sucking to a good shot for any other reason than my upgrade. I only practice shooting 3 or 4 shots at a time and only 3 days a week and that HTR shoots just like the day I bought it and brought it home. Shoots Muzzy fixed blades just like field points. It's a honey of a shooter.
    Last edited by w33kender; 11-19-2020 at 02:36 PM.