Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caribbean island choice

Default Caribbean island choice

I want something authentic... no tourist traps, but plenty to do. If you had to pick, which island and why? I owe my wife a trip and our 10 year is this spring. Thanks

My wife and I went to Antigua 5 years ago for our 5 year. We had a blast and will go back soon.

Tortola. Stay at the Sugar Mill.

St Barts
    I take an PLB in the shower with me. Can't ever be too safe.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

"I'd like to know more about this. Someone give cottontop a bump of coke."
    Sportin' Woodies

Virgin Gorda or the Abacos.

Jamaica
    Psalm 42:1 "As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God."

Harbor Island on North Eleuthera or Amber Gris Cay in Belize

French-Guadaloupe.

You can get there stupid cheap, it's not gaudy and over done. Fishing is great, I'll put you in touch with a captain. Plus most of the tourists are European so they sunbathe topless.

Atlanta to PR then a puddle jumper from PR down the island chains. If you watch your fares, you both can get there for ~$600-$700.
    Last edited by BigBrother; 11-17-2020 at 08:04 AM.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Take a cheap flight to fll. Then jump on a flight by Makers air. They have a $500 off black Friday special.
    Take makers air to the exumas or somewhere. Ask your vrbo if you can rent their boat.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuckTX View Post
    I want something authentic... no tourist traps, but plenty to do. If you had to pick, which island and why? I owe my wife a trip and our 10 year is this spring. Thanks
    What are your top three activities?? Hard to find one place that is going to suit you without being specific. Lots of small islands that are " authentic" but are lacking on activities unless drinking, sunbathing and fornicating are your top three. Some good place mentioned already.

Remote and lightly traveled ? Nevis, Anguilla, St Maarten

Good luck as Covid prevention protocol may impact where you can be allowed to enter.

I would recommend staying stateside. Look at Little Palm Island in the Keys if you want isolation and the ability to have access to "activities"
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

I appreciate all of the suggestions. And will cross check them with what our agent sent. Activities will be light...mostly relax and drink rum by the bottle.

Forget the Caribbean just go to Kauai!!!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    Forget the Caribbean just go to Kauai!!!
    Lab knows wassup.. Nut up or shut up.

That being said, I'd stay domestic for now. Keys or USVI. How's the recovery on St John going?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I miss my base tan already

Any more feedback here? Where in the Keys would you go if you didn’t want to leave the states?

Cheeca Lodge?

Quote Originally Posted by scbulldog View Post
    Maybe. I had a friend who went there and was brutaly beaten and raped along with his wife. He did say the hotel was wonderful and the jerked chicken was awesome.
    Unfortunately I am sure most places have similar incidents. When we went the people were super nice and the food was great. Hate to hear your friend had such an awful experience.
    Psalm 42:1 "As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God."

Abacos are still wrecked from the hurricanes & some islands lack power still.

Quote Originally Posted by welltaut View Post
    Any more feedback here? Where in the Keys would you go if you didn’t want to leave the states?

Cheeca Lodge?
    Cheeca or Hawk's Cay in the middle keys.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

My experience with the Keys is pretty extensive. If you are taking children- Hawk's Cay ( be prepared for a horde of undisciplined snot nosed kids that aren't yours).. or Cheeca if you prefer some quiet and a better experience overall. The folks that go to Cheeca don't wear wife beater shirts, Yankees ballcaps or yell at their kids inside the restaurants.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Little Palm Island is still the most exclusive, isolated and possibly the nicest place in the Keys. Newly renovated too after the last hurricane remodel. It's not cheap , but your wife will appreciate the exquisite attention to detail this place provides. No TV or telephone. Incredible food. Spa is world class.

You cannot get to the resort from the highway. It's a private boat ride or Seaplane over to the property.

liitlepalmisland.com
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.