Thread: Mac Mini

Default Mac Mini

During Apple's event yesterday they announced a new Mac Mini. Man, I would have lost all of my money because I thought it was gone for sure. If you have never owned an iMac or any Mac the Mac Mini is the equivalent of the drug dealer giving you your first hit for free. Small package and huge performance. My son, now 18, has run his as a server for five years and it still crushes. We all have iMacs in the house but he wanted a bigger screen so he is sticking with the Mini. His old Mini will be on the TP soon. Apple is now making their own chip. Look at the specs for the Mini AND it is $100 cheaper at $699.

https://www.apple.com/mac-mini/

Anyone else use a Mac Mini? MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

I’ve been using one for about 5 years now.

I'm about 5 years in too. Has anyone upgraded theirs to run faster?

Quote Originally Posted by ColumbiaCornbread View Post
    I'm about 5 years in too. Has anyone upgraded theirs to run faster?
    My son maxed out the memory on his. Super easy and cheap to do with the newest models. He left the storage alone, he botted mostly in Windows and just wanted it for gaming, and to run a "white-listed" server for Roblox and Minecraft." Always hard for me to believe just how cool and quiet it is compared to a PC desktop. Of course, the iMacs are sleek and superquiet too. I am holding out upgrading my iMac until the M1 chip finds its way in there.

So now Apple makes their own OS on its own hardware and now run by its own processor. In beta, it will still run parallels for Windows faster than any PC on the market. I guess that is why they have such a high market cap. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

i have no clue what yall are talking about
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.