Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: US Senate

Default US Senate

Republicans have seized on Sen. Chuck Schumer’s Saturday remarks when he told a small crowd of New Yorkers celebrating Joe Biden’s election win, “Now we take Georgia, then we change the world.”

"Republican Sen. David Perdue will face off against Democrat Jon Ossoff after finishing ahead 49.78% to Ossoff’s 47.9%. Republican Sen. Kelly Loeffler will compete against Democrat Rev. Raphael Warnock. Loeffler finished with 25.94% of the vote and Warnock finished with 32.89%."
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

I wonder how much money Warnock spent on Loefflers campaign? She beat the one she had to.

Hopefully with libertarians out and back smoking weed the Reps keep the Senate.

Poll watchers is all that's needed to ensure a Republican victory.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Are there going to be mail in ballots and early voting?
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    Your average Fulton County voter...

Yes. Early vote padding will begin on Dec 14.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

There is an as of yet , an un-validated story that there were over 300,000 more votes cast in Georgia during the Presidential vote than there are registered voters in the state of Georgia .. trying to confirm.

Most are - big surprise, Fulton County addresses.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Yes. Early vote padding will begin on Dec 14.
    Then there is no hope. It’s over.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

600,000 unsigned votes in Nevada ??
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Then there is no hope. It’s over.
    We shall see. History shows ( as I have mentioned before) that runoff elections are lightly attended .. That may not be the case this time. However, the holidays approach, there is a segment of the population that won't make the effort. Georgia Republicans will vote in high numbers. We are pretty organized and angry about the chicanery that has occurred during the Presidential vote. You can trust that we will make sure legal Republican turnout is high.

People despise Stacy Abrams and her ilk. I like the odds.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Even though I don't live in Georgia, I believe I might have to throw some campaign donations into the race.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    We shall see. History shows ( as I have mentioned before) that runoff elections are lightly attended .. That may not be the case this time. However, the holidays approach, there is a segment of the population that won't make the effort. Georgia Republicans will vote in high numbers. We are pretty organized and angry about the chicanery that has occurred during the Presidential vote. You can trust that we will make sure legal Republican turnout is high.

People despise Stacy Abrams and her ilk. I like the odds.
    It doesn’t take many to submit a lot of fake ballots.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    Even though I don't live in Georgia, I believe I might have to throw some campaign donations into the race.
    We all should consider.

https://twitter.com/realdailywire/st...222565377?s=21

It doesn’t take many to submit a lot of fake ballots.
    Only one state voting the reins will be tighter. Wall St is banking on Georgia it seems. I am okay with gridlock and the SCOTUS shooting down EO after EO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Only one state voting the reins will be tighter. Wall St is banking on Georgia it seems. I am okay with gridlock and the SCOTUS shooting down EO after EO.
    Hope you are correct about SCOTUS but I don't have any faith in Roberts...

Quote Originally Posted by BBDII Colt View Post
    Hope you are correct about SCOTUS but I don't have any faith in Roberts...
    Roberts is painted into a corner with a 6-3 Majority.

I read an article that stated that after a case is decided, the Chief Justice either writes or assigns the author of the opinion. That is UNLESS the Chief Justice is on the losing side. When the Chief Justice is on the minority side of an argument, then the Ranking Member of the Majority either writes or assigns the author of the opinion. Guess who that is...........Clarence Thomas.

So if Roberts goes with the conservative majority, he can water down the opinion, but it has a 6-3 vote. If he tucks tail and sides with the minority and gets 5-4, Thomas writes a much more constructionist and scathing opinion, thus setting precedence in future cases.

Oh and by the way........

Guess who personally led the attack trying to get Clarence Thomas' confirmation wrecked? None other than one Senator Joseph Biden. Just as Judge Kavanaugh will remember his time with Senator Harris only a year ago........

I can only hope that the Honorable Judge Thomas gets to write the final chapter in Joe's political career.
    Last edited by Jozie & Me; 11-09-2020 at 12:39 PM.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    Roberts is painted into a corner with a 6-3 Majority.

I read an article that stated that after a case is decided, the Chief Justice either writes or assigns the author of the opinion. That is UNLESS the Chief Justice is on the losing side. When the Chief Justice is on the minority side of an argument, then the Ranking Member of the Majority either writes or assigns the author of the opinion. Guess who that is...........Clarence Thomas.

So if Roberts goes with the conservative majority, he can water down the opinion, but it has a 6-3 vote. If he tucks tail and sides with the minority and gets 5-4, Thomas writes a much more constructionist and scathing opinion, thus setting precedence in future cases.

Oh and by the way........

Guess who personally led the attack trying to get Clarence Thomas' confirmation wrecked? None other than one Senator Joseph Biden. Just as Judge Kavanaugh will remember his time with Senator Harris only a year ago........

I can only hope that the Honorable Judge Thomas gets to write the final chapter in Joe's political career.
    This would be the most epic political event in our lifetime. If the SCOTUS overturns this election ,oh my!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!