Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quail plantations Georgetown are

Default Quail plantations Georgetown are

I know about backwoods quail.
    I’m a member for sporting clays. My question is are there any other canned quail hunts in the Georgetown area that I could take some family to? Looking for the weekend before thanksgiving,
    Sunday 11/22. We are fishing Saturday and I was thinking a canned hunt on Sunday would be fun.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated and thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Quail plantations Georgetown are

Quote Originally Posted by union View Post
    I know about backwoods quail.
    I’m a member for sporting clays. My question is are there any other canned quail hunts in the Georgetown area that I could take some family to? Looking for the weekend before thanksgiving,
    Sunday 11/22. We are fishing Saturday and I was thinking a canned hunt on Sunday would be fun.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated and thanks.

Chigger Grove in Andrew’s is about the only place other than backwoods and honestly it’s just as pathetic as backwoods

ETA: there is a place in Kingstree not sure of the name but if you are on Facebook look up a really short fella with huge ears named Ray Cantley. He and his dad run this place in Cedar Swamp.

Last edited by Quackhead22; 11-08-2020 at 08:53 PM.
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Ray is good people

Quote Originally Posted by baydog View Post
    Ray is good people
    One of the best!

Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

St. Stevens not that far. Spring grove shooting preserve has always been good.

St. Stephen***
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

with a rose

Quote Originally Posted by Quackhead22 View Post
    Chigger Grove in Andrew’s is about the only place other than backwoods and honestly it’s just as pathetic as backwoods

That's the first negative thing I have ever heard about Chigger Grove.

It's just as well, he's more than likely booked solid for the season.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

What kinda boots and briar pants work best for kicking them up?

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    That's the first negative thing I have ever heard about Chigger Grove.

It's just as well, he's more than likely booked solid for the season.
    I didn’t mean that to be negative. It definitely came off that way. I just meant both there and Backwoods are not exactly the most sporting of quail hunts. I release birds on the place I manage and I do my best to release them on a walking course that I have setup. The few times that I have been to both Backwoods and CG it was not like that. They just dumped the birds out in a 5-10 acre area and you chased them around. Half the birds I coulda stomped instead of shot. Now with that being said both CG and Backwoods are damn good people and if what i described is what you are looking for them look no further.

I didn’t mean that to be negative. It definitely came off that way. I just meant both there and Backwoods are not exactly the most sporting of quail hunts. I release birds on the place I manage and I do my best to release them on a walking course that I have setup. The few times that I have been to both Backwoods and CG it was not like that. They just dumped the birds out in a 5-10 acre area and you chased them around. Half the birds I coulda stomped instead of shot. Now with that being said both CG and Backwoods are damn good people and if what i described is what you are looking for them look no further.

I'd agree with that, although I do think Greg's birds have improved over the years. It's definitely not a south GA horseback hunt by any means.

Do you do early release or release before the hunt on your place? Call back pens?
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    I'd agree with that, although I do think Greg's birds have improved over the years. It's definitely not a south GA horseback hunt by any means.

Do you do early release or release before the hunt on your place? Call back pens?
    We are in the very beginning stages of quail. Last year it was just release 25 day of hunt no call back pen. This year I plan to add a pen to the mix. The intention is to get to a early release program and have more formal hunts but we shall see. The wild birds have jumped significantly in a years time so I hope that trends keeps on as well.

in and out of the garden he goes
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

We are in the very beginning stages of quail. Last year it was just release 25 day of hunt no call back pen. This year I plan to add a pen to the mix. The intention is to get to a early release program and have more formal hunts but we shall see. The wild birds have jumped significantly in a years time so I hope that trends keeps on as well.

Im also doing my level best to release the pen raised birds in areas no where near where I am seeing wild birds.

I mean it's tamie quail, the bar is already set pretty low. Tell 'em how many you want to shoot, pay them, go shoot them. Trying to factor in "the experience" surrounding it, is just silly...

just sporting clays with live birds- still fun and good to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    in and out of the garden he goes
    Welcome back 2th.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

thanks for the suggestions. I'm well aware of sporting clays with live birds. I'm just trying to set something up for my nephew and two sons. We are fishing Winyah saturday 21 and I thought shooting some quail on 22nd would make for a nice thanksgiving week. I have call in with Ray as we speak. Hopefully, it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    St. Stevens not that far. Spring grove shooting preserve has always been good.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by union View Post
    thanks for the suggestions. I'm well aware of sporting clays with live birds. I'm just trying to set something up for my nephew and two sons. We are fishing Winyah saturday 21 and I thought shooting some quail on 22nd would make for a nice thanksgiving week. I have call in with Ray as we speak. Hopefully, it works out.
    Good deal! He works for DOT so you probably called him in the middle of nap time