Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did A&M do Muschamp in ??

Default Did A&M do Muschamp in ??

I know this is an ongoing saga and in this climate I am sure it would be hard for a school to drop the hammer on a HC with a huge buyout left but I am now starting to see some former USuC players that I personally know calling for Muschamp to go

Even hearing reports Monday will be the day and Bobo will be interim ??

Curious to USC folks, do you go ahead and cut losses now or is the timing just bad due to the pandemic and revenue questions that nobody knows when they will return to normal

I even expect ESPN to start trying to renegotiate their SEC deal as well

Not knocking A&M, they are a solid top 5 team but really USC(from the score) looks like a team that just quit for some reason
    Last edited by tprice; 11-08-2020 at 05:24 PM.

Everything I’ve heard says the board won’t do anything for another 2 years. I personally don’t think it’s worth buying him out. You probably only have about a 10% chance of hiring someone else that would be able to actually change the trajectory of the program

ETA. Just look at programs like Texas, USC, Michigan, etc that have rich history that can’t get it together. Hiring the next best coach don’t solve everything
    Last edited by Remy; 11-08-2020 at 05:45 PM.

And that attitude seems to be pervasive with the folks on bluff rd. As long as expectations don’t change down there the program won’t either. Strive for mediocrity should be their mission statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    Everything I’ve heard says the board won’t do anything for another 2 years. I personally don’t think it’s worth buying him out. You probably only have about a 10% chance of hiring someone else that would be able to actually change the trajectory of the program

ETA. Just look at programs like Texas, USC, Michigan, etc that have rich history that can’t get it together. Hiring the next best coach don’t solve everything

Got no dog in this fight but I have to agree, $15 mill is a lot of buyout right now

Said this many times, when Clemson parted ways with T Bowden he had just signed a new extension within last year $6mill buyout if I am correct. To this day I think Dabo was a “budget hire” and if it worked the AD looked like a Genius if it did not work out all he had to say was they could not afford anyone else at the time. I still wonder how many people told Clemson AD Phillips NO before they made Dabo HC. Needless to say this has worked out great but we got him cheap to start with

I agree with you, thought Michigan hit a home run with their HC as well as Texas (heck I thought Strong would turn that place around )

Expectations are too high for most programs, only 3 programs that can pick who they want (Bama, OSU and Norte Dame). Rest are just along for the ride whether we want to admit it or not

I have to some what chuckle under my breathe when I hear people that do not have a financial stake in the game wanting a change

Again I think you have to stay the course until all this crap is over and politics settle down
    Last edited by tprice; 11-08-2020 at 06:01 PM.

Heard just now that he will be relieved of his coaching duties as soon as Monday. Bobo will take over as interim is what the word is.
    All Men are self made, but, only the successful ones admit it!

2thDoc "because nothing matters till the games are played and clemson people have enjoyed success and know how to deal with it.

any other stupid questions?"......Classic!

CP#96743

If I did anything it would be fire Tanner and let the new AD pick the next coach. My dad always says, people forget 50% of teams lose each week. Not everyone can win each and every week/year. The way it’s been, only about 5 programs have been relevant the past 10 years. If you ain’t one of those 5, you playing for scraps.

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    If I did anything it would be fire Tanner and let the new AD pick the next coach. My dad always says, people forget 50% of teams lose each week. Not everyone can win each and every week/year. The way it’s been, only about 5 programs have been relevant the past 10 years. If you ain’t one of those 5, you playing for scraps.
    Tanner is also on the chopping block.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Tanner is also on the chopping block.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    He won two NC he is safe. The board is still in disarray.

Muschamp and Tanner are out as of 9am Monday. Caslen is bringing in Paul Johnson to run the option offense as HC and AD. The stated goal is to beat the Citadel and then go from there...

Dabo is a salesman. He tells Mom that he will be a father to their kid. Throw in small college town, prayer meetings, and National Champions and the deal is done.

At USC expectations have nothing to do with it. I expected us to score a touchdown. We didn't.

I am concentrating on other things besides sports. It no longer matters. Thanks Colin.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Jamie Harrison said he would be in charge of the fundraising to pay Muskrat off and get rid of him. He should have that in pocket change right now...............
    “Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves.” Lord Byron

Quote Originally Posted by hylandersc1 View Post
    Jamie Harrison said he would be in charge of the fundraising to pay Muskrat off and get rid of him. He should have that in pocket change right now...............
    If he had made that offer a week ago, he might have won.

He needs to go, he hasn't produced and has had time.
    If any other profession, he'd be fired for underperforming to the expectation

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    he hasn't produced underperforming to the expectation
    In 100+ years of football, he’s performed about like any other Sakkerliner coach not named Spurrier. Everyone not pulling for USC could have told y’all this is what you were getting. He quit as soon as he signed the contact guaranteeing him a boatload of money no matter what he did.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Columbia does USC in. I cover most of SC and parts of Ga and I cant STAND going to cola.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ray Tanner is a national treasure and should stay on as Athletic Director as long as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by lil 2 sleepy View Post
    Ain't that the damn truth....
    “Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves.” Lord Byron

Quote Originally Posted by lil 2 sleepy View Post

That is funny

Quote Originally Posted by Islandguy85 View Post
    Columbia does USC in. I cover most of SC and parts of Ga and I cant STAND going to cola.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hate to say it, but you are correct.

The WOKE Mayor is a real problem for the city. They could hire Nick Saban and they still would suck
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"