Thread: Boat parts

Default Boat parts

Where’s the best place to get parts for an outboard? Been looking at boats.net, and dang they’re high. Took the boat out for a preseason run to check all systems. Stopped for a few, and when I went to leave, the starter won’t turn. Motor is a 2018 Tohatsu 50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

Your local Tohatsu dealer. You might spend a couple extra bucks but that relationship you'll likely develop wil be worth it one day. Keep it local.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 11-06-2020 at 02:37 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Ebay.
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Check your grounds
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by kent521 View Post
    Have used their parts on multiple engines with no issues.

If it’s the starter, it’s much cheaper to have it rebuilt. There is a place fairly close to you in Cowpens (Hugh) that will rebuild any starter and he is the best in that business. Usually less than $50, and I’ve never paid over $75. Very quick and quality work. Better than paying $250+ from the dealer or getting a $150 aftermarket part.
    Last edited by BrandonWagner; 11-06-2020 at 05:20 PM.

I had to buy an aftermarket trim motor. It was going to be a month before I could get a factory one from Yamaha.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Update: called my guy at the generator shop in town. Dropped it off on the way home from the lake. He called me before I got home and had it fixed. Brushes were hung up.

Side note for anyone looking at buying Tohatsu. Warranty only covers starters for the first year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr