Thread: ISP called

Default ISP called

So my ISP just called and left a message at 4pm saying that my innernets will be down for service tomorrow from noon to 4. Odd. They have never called before. Or been down for more than 10 minutes ever. I called and asked if it was an emergency or just routine. "Just routine" he said. Like I said. Odd...

Who is the provider?

Local tower based service here in the mountains. If they silence me, y'all just remember to vote. And fuck Clemson. That is all...

When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Lolz

He's lying... "routine" outages are done when they impact the fewest people (while they are sleeping). Taking down service in the middle of the day is not optimal unless you have an emergency with no choice but to give the customer 24 hours of notice.

Exactly my point. Always after midnight and always an email to notify like I gaf. I wanted to give him both barrels, but I like the service and don't want them to put my Little Pony cosplay addiction out there.

Quote Originally Posted by millero View Post
    He's lying... "routine" outages are done when they impact the fewest people (while they are sleeping). Taking down service in the middle of the day is not optimal unless you have an emergency with no choice but to give the customer 24 hours of notice.
    I agree. It telecom for 22 years and no way we do something during the day. Unless its something on the actual tower swapping a radio or something. That has to be done during daylight hours.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    So my ISP just called and left a message at 4pm saying that my innernets will be down for service tomorrow from noon to 4. Odd. They have never called before. Or been down for more than 10 minutes ever. I called and asked if it was an emergency or just routine. "Just routine" he said. Like I said. Odd...
    Got to get ready for them election results.

Where's the I'm not saying it was aliens meme??
    Last edited by Chuck the Duck Slayer; 11-02-2020 at 05:39 PM.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

IF it's back up by 4- that leaves plenty of time for "The British are coming" notifications. Lock and Load whoop-dee-doo- it's gonna be the Big Kahuna Boogaloo- or whatever they say

Mergie- what do they say?

It’s to help curb potential rallying cries once the exit polls start coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    It’s to help curb potential rallying cries once the exit polls start coming in.
    Prolly. You ain't got fiber Optic up thar yet. teehee
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"