Pictures to come later this week. Having trouble emailing from my iphone and I don't have tapatalk. I may have to rectify that soon.

Two fawns and two grown does came out of the bottom at 7:45 AM Saturday morning. I waited until one of the big ones turned broadside and put the pin in the sweet spot and let it fly. I heard her crash seconds upon entering the woods but waited an hour anyway.

Texted BigTimber2 with a pic of the arrow and he thought the pink on the vane indicated a double lung. No blood in the mud, though, and none on the log she had to cross to get back into the thick stuff.

So, I voted for caution, drove home and got my new dog, whom we adopted two months ago. Great big old mutt with eyes that don't match. Color of black lab, hips like a rottie, ears and snout like a dachshung, but a heart and nose of gold!

Our neighbors were moving away and didn't want to take this big sweet dog with them. We'd loved her since she was a pup. Plus, we had to put our lab down in August. So adopting this six year old big old mixed breed was a no brainer. The owner said she was great at finding down deer, too. Just a big sweet, obedient, smart dog. We took her on our anny trip a few weeks back to the Outer Banks and she loved it.

I kept her on the leash, took her to the arrow sticking up in the mud, and this dear sweet 90 pound mixed breed dog very calmly took me straight to my deer which was laying dead about 40 yards into the woods right about where the thick brush started.

FWIW, the processor weighed the doe at 86 pounds. Horry County doe. I hunt in a club along the Waccamaw River basin in SC near the NC border.