Thread: Don’t trust the weatherman! ;)

Default Don’t trust the weatherman! ;)

Slept in last Sunday am since they were calling for rain until 2pm. While eating breakfast I get a picture of a doe on cell cam. Few more then there he was! My buddy tried to get him over the next few days only to have him walk out 2 times 10 min after legal shooting light. (1st time I found out by game camera and the second he sat late since does were in front and he saw him).

15A6E76D-72A9-4E59-AA4C-F8DA61C6211C.jpeg

My son and I sat last night and I knew the weather was questionable (rain) but we went anyway. At about 6:30 it starts raining so I stand up and fold my chair to get ready to go. Caught movement and see a deer running into pasture so eased back down. Finally got a shot and put on her neck. Never saw her go down or run off (tall grass and view from stand). My son was much more confident than I saying daddy I know you got her I just know it! Lol. Get to walking down there and there she was. He was so excited running around I finally got him to stop for a photo. No big buck but these hunts with my son and daughter are absolutely awesome. I’d trade the drop tine buck in my avatar I killed few years back for these any day! Rut does seem to be picking up in bamberg county though. Good time to be in the woods for sure!

3C69BAAB-8CB8-4427-9292-201E31550FDA.jpg

Hunts with the kids are special for sure. Good job. Hopefully you'll get that buck soon enough.

Good job, Pop!
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

What State are you hunting?

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    What State are you hunting?
    South Carolina?

Bamberg county

Real good days there. Nothing like having your kid saying “shootem!” Congrats
    Last edited by Spur hunter; 10-31-2020 at 06:12 AM.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles