Thread: For both of you unsure about vote buying

Default For both of you unsure about vote buying

O’Keefe has a great record of providing un edited, unbiased, and long standing “video documentaries”.

Let’s assume this is accurate and true, where is everyone on here that was saying Republicans would never buy votes because they are morally above it and it could only be Democrat’s?

I don’t care what party, any politician who buys votes and/or sells their influence (for money or favors, et al), should be hung in the public square. Those who sell their vote or buy favors should spend their life behind bars.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Why in the world someone would spend 70k for a chance at a county council seat boggles my mind.
    Last edited by wob; 10-28-2020 at 07:10 PM.

Everyone of them from municipalities right on up are crooked.

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    Why in the world someone would spend 70k for a chance at a county council seat boggles my mind.

I knew someone that was the mayor of a small town, and his "full time" employment was selling water treatment chemicals to the town that he was mayor of. His other source of income was a cell tower in his back yard. He lived in a nice house, had a nice river house, and both had landscaped yards. He was very good at getting county, state, and federal grants for the town. He always seemed to have some type of personal project going on, any time any time the town had a project going on. I can only imagine how much funds a county council person could possibly oversee.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson