Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rut on Approach?

Default Rut on Approach?

Hey everyone,

I've been on this forum for a bit mostly reading but wanted to post and check in. I wanted to see what kind of behavior everyone was seeing entering into November. I am in the upstate and normally this time of year I'm seeing some activity and pre-rut stuff happening but with all this heat it's been a little slow. I am hoping with two days of rain and super cold weather that they start moving around a lot more.

What are y'all seeing out there?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Welcome. And yes, should be a good weekend in the upstate.

For any deer science and activity inquiries, contact 2thDoc, he is the resident expert on all things science when it comes to deer season.

Quote Originally Posted by FULLCHOKE View Post

For any deer science and activity inquiries, contact 2thDoc, he is the resident expert on all things science when it comes to deer season.
    But please don’t get him started on turkeys. He seems to be in a pretty good mood today.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

I've been seeing chasing activity for over 2 weeks where I hunt in the upstate. The weekend should be good. There are so many danged acorns where we hunt that the deer seem somewhat scattered around in the mornings. Afternoon food plots have been good for us. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by FULLCHOKE View Post
    Welcome. And yes, should be a good weekend in the upstate.

exactly
    i give this weekend a three star rating. mix in the moon phase, cooler weather, and deer season and its a recipe for legally killing a buck deer.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    But please don’t get him started on turkeys. He seems to be in a pretty good mood today.
    interestingly enough, I just finished a decades long, multidisciplinary double blind study on the correlation between age and spur length....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

We will see 60mph wind in the upstate Thursday. That always shakes them up...

Its dead on my place. I have laid eyes on a total of 2 deer since October 4th behind my house. Ive hunted oaks dropping acrons with deer sign under them, food plots in the evenings, trail leading to said oaks, hunted a power line, and hunted corn and its like I dont have a deer left on my place

Even my cameras have slowed way down and every picture Ive got the last 3 weeks was in the dark.

The massive acorn crop ad hot weather has them messed up
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by quack head 11 View Post
    Even my cameras have slowed way down and every picture Ive got the last 3 weeks was in the dark.
    Same here. But ive got a redbone and a pit mix running them during the day...
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

When I pulled cards last Friday I still had bucks together. They were sparing a little but still hanging out. I did see a good one cross the road leaving the farm this morning around 9.

20 miles northwest of me, they have been chasing does for close to a month per a friend of mine, they have killed several nice bucks. On our club 15 miles south of me, dead as a door nail.

I hunt south Spartanburg County and Union County.
    I had a buck chasing a doe October 16th on a morning hunt. It was a nice young 8 pt and I watched another buck chase a doe in Union county yesterday afternoon. I haven't witnessed that in a few years and it was nice to see again.

The last week in September was the last time I saw a good sized buck deer in the daylight( sitting alone) , I saw 6 pretty good ones one evening all trying to murder each other and they were chasing does, then October 6th I carried a friend of mine and we saw a mature 6pt and he missed it. Since then I have seen every small buck on my place chasing does, making scrapes, fighting, grunting ect. All my bigger deer are showing up on camera broken up and fighting in the dark. That being said its far from over and I will continue to hunt every single chance I get. I have sat 59 times this season so far and its been my worst October on record ever, that could change any minute........
    Last edited by Whackumstackum; 10-28-2020 at 01:34 PM.

Muhuuuuhaz

I will not tell you!!!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Dead at my place in Chester.!

And don't ask toof ask rubber head. Toof don't know shit
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

I'll be in the woods this weekend and next. I usually sit between 40 and 60 times a season but living down here I don't have the opportunity or availability. I've been in the stand twice this year and only saw deer once.
    Last edited by willk; 10-28-2020 at 05:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

They were rank two weeks ago in kershaw. I travel I-20 everyday and saw two get killed today. First I had seen in a few weeks get hit.

They are not burning any calories right now due to the warm weather they really have no reason to move, Nighttime is giving them all they need. That will probably change first of next week though.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

The does are running for there lives ,two dead in front of my house last two morning going to work