Thread: Louisiana Saltwater Fishing

Default Louisiana Saltwater Fishing

So my cousin is getting married in Southwest Louisiana in March and Its about a 13 hour drive. I am going to make the trip to be there.

That being said, If I am going to drive that far I am inclined to just take a full week or a week and a half and turn it into a fishing trip. Looking for saltwater recommendations of guides/lodges etc. I am not made of money, but would spend some decent money for a good experience.

I am not concerned with location, I will be driving a lot anyway, so even if its around Venice or new Orleans, let hear it. Mainly interested in redfishing/Black drum on artificial. Really open to anything, probably want to throw in a day offshore as well to experience the oil rig fishing.

I will be dragging a couple buddies with me, so it will be atleast three of us.

Thanks

Venice.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Mexican Gulf Fishing Co, Capt Kevin Beech, Venice, LA. I saw he just got his new Freeman in the past couple of weeks, worth every penny

I fished with Paradise Outfitters in Venice. Was supposed to go back next month but have other stuff going on. There is a group from Edisto that has been fishing with them for years. Great group of capts.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Chris Wilson REO Outfitters

mark munson. first cast

I lived in Venice for a while and can say with certainty if you haven't fished down there be sure to book a local for your first trip. Half the fun is hanging with the guide/captain. In the last 10 years there has been a huge influx of out of town guides mostly from Florida. If your into wearing a buff and saying bro and brah it’s all good but there something to be said for coon-ass captains in Louisiana!

There's a guy who guides for stripers on Hartwell half the year and in Venice for half the year named Preston Harden. His company is called bucktail guide service. I'm not sure what part of the year he spends in Hartwell vs Venice, but i've gone out with him twice on Hartwell and had a great time and lots of success. I think when he goes to Venice he mostly fly fishes.

Quote Originally Posted by bitesize View Post
    I lived in Venice for a while and can say with certainty if you haven't fished down there be sure to book a local for your first trip. Half the fun is hanging with the guide/captain. In the last 10 years there has been a huge influx of out of town guides mostly from Florida. If your into wearing a buff and saying bro and brah it’s all good but there something to be said for coon-ass captains in Louisiana!
    Example

Quote Originally Posted by forresj View Post
    There's a guy who guides for stripers on Hartwell half the year and in Venice for half the year named Preston Harden. His company is called bucktail guide service. I'm not sure what part of the year he spends in Hartwell vs Venice, but i've gone out with him twice on Hartwell and had a great time and lots of success. I think when he goes to Venice he mostly fly fishes.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Try Walter Heathcock for a large time! Fin Twisters Fishing Guide Service. 504-287-9092

https://www.facebook.com/natgeotvUS/...32229243807053
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill