Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have Flea issues with no outdoor pets?

Default Anyone have Flea issues with no outdoor pets?

God all mighty had an home infestation. I figured out where they came from. My fvcking front yard. Those bastards where crawling up my legs as i was mowing grass. I inherited a little shit head cat that stays inside only. Im gonna backpack yard with generic Talstar but my question is why in my front yard?

Little shit cat was hiding and would not eat drink so I finally took her to the Vet. TWO missed diagnosis but we finally figured it out 1k later.

My house is fairly clean for a bachelor so dont go there.

I went to DO IT YOUR SELF PEST CONTROL here in Greenville and bought 3 cans of PT Alpine flea and bed bug- huge cans at 25 bucks a pop and layed it to my house .A week later I fumigated house with Precor 2625. I understand 14 day egg cycle but damn.

Guess I need a shoulder to cry on. Anyone else had this issue? Cause I think they are back. Gonna repeat again!

You spent 1k on a cat?

Vacuum your house and bomb every 3-4 days for a couple of weeks.

We had to rip out the carpet.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by loud1 View Post
    You spent 1k on a cat?

Vacuum your house and bomb every 3-4 days for a couple of weeks.
    O yea got the X-rays, blood work, fluids antibiotics and ...g damnit you have inspired me...

Im gonna spend 10k to get my money back. Greenville Emergency Pet Clinic and an Foothills Vet.

It was a promise to family to keep her. Mal practice Pet attorney anyone?

I lied... about 1200. Got her on Frontline and just rubbed her down with some toxic stuff those exterminators sold me. ha!

Drop the cat off at your local chinese store and say the cat ran away...problem solved.

I can respect your devotion to the family pet, but if it was me that cat would have to take one for the team. Best of luck with the fumigation.

Love it! Some people think less of current than past family. Shit head is doing well.

Ever think of a flea trap for the inside? I've used one a few times with success.
    Last edited by Red Huck; 10-25-2020 at 08:28 AM.

A place I lived years ago was terrible for fleas. I sprayed the yard with so much stuff I was reluctant to go barefoot. This was before the flea medicine you can give a dog that makes their blood toxic to fleas. That stuff has been a game changer.

Wild animals like coons and possums can cause infestations. A neighbor had a possum take up residence under their house and they got terrible... so bad that their dog succumbed to them and died.

Luckily, where I live now they are almost nonexistent. I can't remember the last time I found a flea on one of the dogs. We had a cat and he never had them either.

Killing fleas is all about their life cycle. You have to kill the new ones that hatch before they can mature. Along with pesticide, add growth regulator to keep them from ever getting to the egg laying stage. I'd try Viper and Gentrol. Not only will it kill fleas very well, any live cockroach you see for the next six months will be acting crazy and about to die.

It’s actually been a really bad year for fleas. I know several people who have had a problem that doesn’t seem to be connected to pets. Get some flea traps and leave them on. It helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never had an issue with fleas since I've owned animals, til my dog picked em up somehow, and brought em in to my 2 inside cats. They were biting my kids and me, got kinda bad kinda quick. Had to give the cats and dog that stuff where they bite then die. Can't recall the name of it. We had wood floors so didn't have many places other than the animals themselves for them to survive indoors. Never treated the yard, and after administering the internal medicine where they died upon bite, the problem promptly went away. Perhaps I got lucky.

May the force be with you.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 10-25-2020 at 09:42 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Siphotrol is good stuff. Need to keep cat on flea meds. Treat yard a few times about 10 days apart and entire house. In carpets you can spread borax around and vacuum up. I have helped quite a few folks treat w siphotrol yard spray and premise spray and problem solved. Permethrin active ingredient.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandguy85 View Post
    Siphotrol is good stuff. Need to keep cat on flea meds. Treat yard a few times about 10 days apart and entire house. In carpets you can spread borax around and vacuum up. I have helped quite a few folks treat w siphotrol yard spray and premise spray and problem solved. Permethrin active ingredient.

Borax works really well, sprinkle on carpet and scrub it into the carpet with stiff bristle brush. Then run the vacuum to get it off the top. Will last a while and kill new ones when they hatch. For hard floors you can make a mopping solution with borax, make sure to get in corners really well.
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

In the olden days when veterinarians carried all kinds of flea products like premise sprays and foggers, I got called to consult on some flea problems in buildings with no pets, including schools and churches.

And some of the worst flea problems you can imagine are in pets that never step foot outdoors. It isn't on people's radar to think these indoor pets might have fleas. Fleas, let me tell you, can hitchhike inside on your shoes or your pants' legs.
    Hunting outside the box

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    In the olden days when veterinarians carried all kinds of flea products like premise sprays and foggers, I got called to consult on some flea problems in buildings with no pets, including schools and churches.

And some of the worst flea problems you can imagine are in pets that never step foot outdoors. It isn't on people's radar to think these indoor pets might have fleas. Fleas, let me tell you, can hitchhike inside on your shoes or your pants' legs.
    Oddly enough, I have also had an individual tell me they lived in a gated community so their dog didnt need flea/htwm preventatives

Sounds like serious white privilege to me

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Oddly enough, I have also had an individual tell me they lived in a gated community so their dog didnt need flea/htwm preventatives
    That's nuts right there.
    Hunting outside the box

I had a similar issue this spring and summer. I’ve never had issues with fleas on my dogs, lab stays outside and the Boykin stays indoors. Always used Bravecto collars as a preventative, but for whatever reason it didn’t keep them off of the Boykin.

She was infested like I’ve never seen; countless shampoos, sprays, nothing would work to keep them off.
    Put her on Simparica, and within 2 hours couldn’t find a flea on her. It’s been 3 months and still haven’t seen a flea. I don’t know if they make it for cats but the stuff is incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by MDman View Post
    I had a similar issue this spring and summer. I’ve never had issues with fleas on my dogs, lab stays outside and the Boykin stays indoors. Always used Bravecto collars as a preventative, but for whatever reason it didn’t keep them off of the Boykin.

She was infested like I’ve never seen; countless shampoos, sprays, nothing would work to keep them off.
    Put her on Simparica, and within 2 hours couldn’t find a flea on her. It’s been 3 months and still haven’t seen a flea. I don’t know if they make it for cats but the stuff is incredible.
    Comfortis is oral flea med for cats.
    To the original poster be sure to follow all product label guidelines. Cats can be very sensitive to drugs that are fine for dogs.