Thread: Phil Lavretsky podcast....

Default Phil Lavretsky podcast....

Mallard genetics and such with mention of SCWA and their blatant destruction of wild mallard genetics....

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000478002466

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

All you duck genetic experts that think you're killing hybrids really need to listen to this podcast!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

If anyone wants to listen to more on this, there's a 3 part series on the Ducks Unlimited Podcast (Episodes 11, 12, 13) with Phil Lavretsky about mallard genetics, hybridization, and the eastern mallard

Our group (including Ghetto) have hunted Sonora many times and this podcast shed some light on the Yaqui Valley’s explosion of Mexican ducks since the 90’s. Very interesting - thanks for sharing
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Pride View Post
    Our group (including Ghetto) have hunted Sonora many times and this podcast shed some light on the Yaqui Valley’s explosion of Mexican ducks since the 90’s. Very interesting - thanks for sharing
    Yep, pretty amazing info they have determined.
    Proof the Atlantic Flyway mallard population has been shit pretty much since forever!

I, like Catdaddy, wouldn’t complain about 150k migrating feral game farm mallards piling into SNWR every winter.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

I'm sure you wouldn't....

What’s funny is that they took on characteristics of their Mississippi cousins ... but couldn’t quite get it right
    They’re ALL tamies ... holy shit. My old man thinks it’s crap too, but you can’t deny the science
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

I shared the podcast with most everyone I knew when I first heard.

Almost certain I sent it to you Scott.

The thing that hangs me up is that they wound up migrating!
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    All you duck genetic experts that think you're killing hybrids really need to listen to this podcast!
    He did a two part podcast with DU that I’ve just started listening to.
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Tekton Game Calls

843-290-9569