Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Used Truck Market

Default Used Truck Market

Is nuts. What people want for older 4wd tundras & Tacoma’s is crazy. My youngest has been looking & people have 250,000miles & still want a pile $$

What’s he looking for? I may know of something in the near future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Diesel prices are even worse. $40K-plus for cloth seats and 130K miles? No thanks.

For the first time I can ever remember, it almost makes more sense to buy a new one considering the 0% financing and warranty...

IF you can find what you want.

And, damn, new or used, it's all high.

I bought a 04 Tundra from the TP, drove it 5 yrs and sold it for the same price. I was pricing ‘17-18 Ram 1500’s in the 20-40k mile range and for ~$10k more I got a new 2020 Laramie 1500 delivered from a dealer in NC (Kernersville Dodge).
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Now is not the time to be used car shopping.
    "Never Trust a Skinny Chef."

Quote Originally Posted by SaltMuck View Post
    I bought a 04 Tundra from the TP, drove it 5 yrs and sold it for the same price. I was pricing ‘17-18 Ram 1500’s in the 20-40k mile range and for ~$10k more I got a new 2020 Laramie 1500 delivered from a dealer in NC (Kernersville Dodge).
    Similar experience last year. I bought a 2016, drove it for a year, sold it for a $2500 profit.

How people drive $50k+ plus trucks is beyond my comprehension. Even $30k is hard for me to understand but I also don’t take out loans for vehicles nor do I have the finances to drop that kind of money on a ride.

Same here...Just bought a 3500 Laramie from Kernersville Dodge for $10K more than I could get a used one several years old with 75,000 miles on it.

Had it delivered to my office, handed the guy a cashier's check, he handed me the keys...Easiest vehicle transaction I've ever had in my life.

Used Yota's have been high for awhile. Took me a year to find my 06' Sequoia. I finally gave up looking for a 1st gen Tundra and bought a beat up Tacoma. Not sure why, but SC seems to have the highest prices. If you haven't, expand your search out to the Southeast....especially Florida.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    How people drive $50k+ plus trucks is beyond my comprehension. Even $30k is hard for me to understand but I also don’t take out loans for vehicles nor do I have the finances to drop that kind of money on a ride.
    The 100K and up CC Boats is what blows my mind
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Buncha tier 4 guys up in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bownut View Post
    Buncha tier 4 guys up in here.
    Not tier 4- just practical- why pay $$$$ for a nice truck you will beat on or pile up the miles on? I buy my trucks 10 years old with 80-100k on them- put 200k on them over the next 4-5 years and sell them when they hit 300k. Cost of ownership for those miles and years is low.
    If I bought new and sold it after 4-5 years with 200k on it- cost of ownership would be very high.

The only way buying new makes sense is if you drive low miles, don't beat on it and trade every couple years.

Just bought my wife a 2020 F150 Screw loaded Lariat 4x4- used corporate high mileage lease turn in- 22k miles for 40k- she drives 5k/year and takes care of her truck- in 5 years it will be average miles- in 10 years a low mileage truck in top condition ready for the next owner.

Practical

I have a used 2012 Tundra Limited with 165,000 miles I’m getting ready to sell if you’re interested. Haven’t put a price on it yet though. I am the second owner. I purchased it in 2012 with 11,000 miles on it.

This may be the ONE actual (ancillary/unintended) benefit a Sleepy Joe administration could provide. Gas prices are gonna go bananas, which will result in less people buying trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    Not tier 4- just practical- why pay $$$$ for a nice truck you will beat on or pile up the miles on? I buy my trucks 10 years old with 80-100k on them- put 200k on them over the next 4-5 years and sell them when they hit 300k. Cost of ownership for those miles and years is low.
    If I bought new and sold it after 4-5 years with 200k on it- cost of ownership would be very high.

The only way buying new makes sense is if you drive low miles, don't beat on it and trade every couple years.

Just bought my wife a 2020 F150 Screw loaded Lariat 4x4- used corporate high mileage lease turn in- 22k miles for 40k- she drives 5k/year and takes care of her truck- in 5 years it will be average miles- in 10 years a low mileage truck in top condition ready for the next owner.

Practical
    Jes pickin', my truck is fixin to turn 18 with 158k on it. I am totally happy with it and have no need or desire for another right now. For the last 6 years I've averaged less than 5k a year.

Just bought the wife a 16 Sequoia with 80k on it. Haggled the guy enough to still get a "good" deal lol. Crazy how the market is, let ole Joe get elected and watch the gas get above 4 bucks a gallon and the market will crumble.
    "run and gun guide service"

I just was looking for a new 3500 Single Rear Wheel 4x4 with the HO Cummins and did the same thing. Not only could I not find what I wanted around here, lesser models were higher priced than Kernersville. Plus as you stated, I never had to leave the house. All over the phone and in my yard. Kernersville has earned my current and future business. They had a huge selection and great customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    75% of people driving $40k plus vehicles have absolutely no business doing so. You better be knocking down well over 6 figures for it to make financial sense, and most in SC ain’t doing that.
    Last edited by Remy; 10-24-2020 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    This may be the ONE actual (ancillary/unintended) benefit a Sleepy Joe administration could provide. Gas prices are gonna go bananas, which will result in less people buying trucks.
    Yep. Another thing people who vote for this idiot don't see. People have a short memory what gas and oil was back when this loser was the vp
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"