Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Woods are dead

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    Attachment 60113
    Enjoying the buffet.
    You growing Thai Stick?

Your biggest problem is hunting Fairfield County.

Shhhh.

I saw the biggest buck I have ever seen on WMA this Tuesday and a decent 8 waking in. Couldn’t get a shot with the bow. Only came into 55 yards. They have started moving good this week.

Nothing seen in Northern Spartanburg this evening except mosquitoes and stands full of red wasps.

I pulled my cards when I drove around the field to pick up that 8 this morning. The one I thought I was shooting this morning was on the opposite end of the field last night from me with plenty of shooting light... Field is 72 acres but looks like a "L". He was out the day before with plenty of shooting light as well. First time he's been on camera besides at night all year. I had more bucks on camera during daylight than any other time this year over the last week.

Historically for me, the last week of Oct and the first 2 weeks of November have always been the best for rut hunting. The one I shot this morning stunk... could smell him from 10 foot away.

It’s been dead all week for me, but it was on fire for the last 2 weeks of September so I’m running low on mature bucks. Gonna try and shoot a doe in the morning then go catch some spottails.

Acorns at night are where it's at. Corn piling up under feeders in Chester and Fairfield county.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Went two evening this week, dead the first hunt and coyotes were going crazy. Thursday I climbed a tree that I had seen deer from every sit on the edge of a clearcut and some hardwoods. Heard some behind me, sounded like chasing but I never saw the deer, a few good size pine limbs were obstructing my view.

Just finished at 1am tearing out a wall and resetting an air handler from the trusses ate one of my brother-n-laws business so I’m not fooling with hunting in the morning. I’ll try to get in early tomorrow afternoon and probably taking next Friday and Monday off as well to hunt if weather is decent, looks like we’re in for a little temperature drop those days
    Last edited by Duck cutter; 10-24-2020 at 12:19 AM.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Picked up yesterday evening but still slow. Son missed a big six that was scent checking the does in the field. Had another youngin miss a small buck at last light and another kill his first- a yearling doe. Quiet so far this morning.
    Carolina Counsel

Even the turkeys are confused. Have eight white-headed gobblers one front of me taking turns strutting.
    Carolina Counsel

Quiet in the upstate. Feels nice out but no activity. Camera action is way down from a few weeks ago. Don’t think they have to look far to find food the way the acorns are dropping up here.
    More Ducks, Less People

Got in the stand this am it was 52° and a little spitting rain. Currently 48° no rain but the wind is picking up.
    I've seen a doe and two yearlings

23FE9612-4154-4396-8EA1-AC9CAE604D1C.jpeg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Chuck the Duck Slayer; 10-24-2020 at 07:57 AM.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I love it when a doe steps in a looks back over her shoulder.

I sat yesterday evening, dead until 6 when 3 does came out, then a few minutes later a cowhorn and 2-6's came out all eating corn, about 6:15 a skinny racked 8 came out and started on the corn- no interest in the does. The 8 was the last to leave at 6:30 then it was dead until shooting light was gone at 7:15.

My corn was hammered from Tuesday until last night- almost gone

Hadnt seen a deer in last 4 sits. Had 3 diff bucks in camera yesterday morning. A cowhorn, 4 and small 6. Had 6-7 does milling around this morning all under stand. Nice 8 walked out at 8:22. He didnt fair so well
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

04DE9838-AD0F-46DE-AE19-488D964D3FE8.jpg

Saw two last night. One small buck before this one.

Somebody got a piece of this one. See his back?

He was fifteen inches. Looks bigger in the pic...
    Last edited by Drylok; 10-24-2020 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    It’s been dead all week for me, but it was on fire for the last 2 weeks of September so I’m running low on mature bucks. Gonna try and shoot a doe in the morning then go catch some spottails.
    Exactly what we've observed in my area. Unusually good activity at the end of September then the slowest, strangest October I can remember. We'll see what the first two weeks of November bring.

I blind hogged into this buck in Bamberg this morning. Neck swollen , hocks black. 176 lbs .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

If any of you are hunting off 321 where it crosses over 301 near Ulmer there was a nice buck standing by your white f150 just now
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson