Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Woods are dead

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post

I blind hogged into this buck in Bamberg this morning. Neck swollen , hocks black. 176 lbs .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Nice one
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post

I blind hogged into this buck in Bamberg this morning. Neck swollen , hocks black. 176 lbs .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Good’ern.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Had 3 does on the corn this evening- different stand than yesterday- a pack of yotes came flying in trying to catch the yearling- managed to shoot 1 yote

Trying to catch a meal, but caught a bullet instead...

The rain last night has them up and moving this morning. 3 small bucks an a pair of does so far.

Default Woods are dead

I’m not sure what has happened at my lease. Went from having 4 does and 5 different bucks visiting almost daily to pretty much nothing over the last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by b35w; 10-25-2020 at 07:35 AM.

It was pretty quiet yesterday evening. I saw a scrawny eight point chasing a doe but other than that, not even a tweety bird.

I think the does are laying low to avoid getting raped.

B35w U are having same issues I'm having.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Quote Originally Posted by b35w View Post
    I’m not sure what has happened at my lease. Went from having 4 does and 5 different bucks visiting almost daily to pretty much nothing over the last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That’s how it is for me on 3 properties right now. I left them alone yesterday and went and caught spottails until I got tired of them.

The week that the 20th of October falls in has always been the best week to hunt in my opinion. This year didn’t disappoint. I saw 9 different bucks this week. And killed two. Two other dandy’s died with guys I was hunting with. All bucks were chasing or cruising except for Saturday when they were running for their life. I killed out the tree and in front of dogs.

I was covered up with deer starting at 6:20 tonight, big cowhorn, followed by a big doe with yearling, few minutes later a new buck showed up and almost got shot, rack was a foot over his ears, but no real mass or beam length, just a very tall high horned young 6 point. Couple minutes later the skinny racked 8 I have let walk many times came out and hung out with the 6- just at the end of my vision big boy stepped out and the rest took off, over 200 yards and couldn't make an ethical shot so I let him go- that's twice in the last 2 weeks he skirted death- damn cataracts are robbing me of my low light vision- I could see the body- but that was all.
    Wife went to her Mommas for a few days to take her to Dr appointments- gonna hit it hard every evening.

Cowhorn ay 200 yds20201025_183015.jpg

I only posted that cause it's the first time I have been able to get a picture through my scope with my cell phone- LoL

48A14834-BB9C-4ADC-9978-47AB5543F056.jpg

They moved better this evening

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    Y'all should have just looked at my deer chart and decided to go fishing...
    ha

i love that we try to micromanage deer movement. The article I linked thru QDMA on this topic is VERY insightful.

here b35 is posting about nothing happening while my daughter and i watched deer all morning till we had to leave for school.

I think each patch of woods is different...but its october and bucks will be doing buck stuff, regardless of the weather.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.