Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Carolina Wildlife Syndicate - Samworth

Default Carolina Wildlife Syndicate - Samworth

Figured I’d share this here from CWS,

CWS has it factually documented and confirmed that a private enterprise located proximal to one of our CLOSED SCDNR CAT 1 waterfowl management areas has produced a near bumper crop of rice this year. In doing so this private enterprise has also successfully left a large ratoon crop of rice for South Carolinas wintering waterfowl in the 2020-2021 season!! That's the great news!

The bad, the sad and the redundant news - SCDNR recently announced that this very important CAT 1 waterfowl management area, which is located almost right beside this private enterprise and on the same river with the same weather conditions, would again be closed to the public. It would seem that after only two ducks were killed on the premises this past season that they will just keep it closed another year. Over five million dollars has been spent by SCDNR on this waterfowl management area in the last five years and it is still it is non operable condition. Where is that money going? This closure negatively effects South Carolinas economics, our trust of SCDNR and more importantly South Carolina's ability to imprint and benefit wintering waterfowl. Of course this also detrimentally effects the public waterfowl hunter and thus hunter recruitment as well.

Over the last five to ten years SCDNR has given the waterfowl hunters of South Carolina every failing excuse in the books as to why they can't manage our valuable CAT 1 waterfowl management areas successfully. I have personally heard excuses such as : it is very hard, it floods , weather trends are bad, global warming, sea level rise, we don't have dike dirt available and we are waiting on FEMA monies etc etc. Worse yet, we have been told that even when this CAT 1 is open and operable, as it better be by 2021 season, that it would not be planted for rice or any other desirable food crop for waterfowl. That is simply unacceptable !

Ironically, as mentioned, right daggum beside this CAT 1, a private enterprise that experienced the identical conditions and on the same river will not only be providing valuable beneficial habitat and nutrition for our wintering waterfowl flights but in doing so will also be providing success to it's waterfowl hunters and imprinting waterfowl for years to come. More outstanding even yet, this private enterprise will soon be realizing a monetary profit from their efforts!!!!

GET IN THE GAME #SCDNR UPPER LEVEL MANAGEMENT, THIS IS YOUR JOB! NO MORE EXCUSES!

THE TAXPAYING, LISCENSE BUYING HUNTERS OF SOUTH CAROLINA DESERVE FAR FAR BETTER!
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Tekton Game Calls

843-290-9569

Identical! Wow.

History. The ducks that left Mr. Jayroes place went to Middleton Pond or the ocean to rest. From a previous post I believe that a lot of the ducks that left the Santee Swamps, and we're followed by aircraft proved the same. Middleton Pond is on the Prince George development north of Debordieu. That resource is now overlooked by a grand house owned by one of DU,s directors, among others. Y'all keep bitchen about Samworth not holding birds. You could pour corn in there till the silos run dry. Until you quit developing the habitat, rest areas you will not have ducks. Lyn Fore, RIP, said at a waterfowl think group years ago ...just look on Google at the lights along the coast. The ducks go where there are no lights. This affects migration patterns. I not quoting, just the just if what he said.

Bucknfloat2 , If you have ever hunted Merritt or the coast of TX or anywhere in New Jersey lights or the sounds of Washington near the granaries then you are aware that lights certainly don't dissuade ducks when there is food present. Lights aren't the deciding factor in SC. Rest areas are not the deciding factor in SC. Food is the deciding factor. I know Middleton pond and saw those flights in my youth. I have also, as did Jab, followed those flights from the coast to the lakes. What seems like a long way to us is mere minutes for the flight of waterfowl. I would imagine that if silos of corn were poured out that you would be amazed in the course of three years or less.

However, most certainly your concern over development is real and absolute. I share that same fear both long and short term. The areas of concern to CWS are state owned primarily.

Thomas, actually the private enterprise is indeed on the same river, 50 flaps of a ducks wing away per se, built with the same dirt, built in the same fashion, actually has a smaller staff and spent far less than five million and will earn a profit while benefitting not only waterfowl but waterfowl hunters. Facts are facts.
    Last edited by Strick9; 10-22-2020 at 10:02 PM.
    Genesis 9;2

So will Trump help or Biden?

I grew up in the Santee delta. Lived on Cane Island in 77. Watched the A-10's and fighters from a Shaw practice low altitude maneuvers over Kinlaw, Annandale, Pine Island, Round House, South Island, Murphy, Cedar, The Cape. You name it. There were ducks every where. Eva fee on Cain. Not many of these place had the resource to plane a lot of food source. But we had ducks. In all these properties. But we didn't get a shit pot of coastal lights and development til after Hugo. 1989....

Plant damnit. And Cain had a few. Not many, but a few

Fred at the Roundhouse had gobs of the biggest blacks u ever see. He was on a strict Thursday morning feeding regime. Ask me how I know.

Quote Originally Posted by bucknfloat2 View Post
    I grew up in the Santee delta. Lived on Cane Island in 77. Watched the A-10's and fighters from a Shaw practice low altitude maneuvers over Kinlaw, Annandale, Pine Island, Round House, South Island, Murphy, Cedar, The Cape. You name it. There were ducks every where. Eva fee on Cain. Not many of these place had the resource to plane a lot of food source. But we had ducks. In all these properties. But we didn't get a shit pot of coastal lights and development til after Hugo. 1989....
    Its truly hard on the soul to have those memories of those flights but I wouldn't trade them for anything. We may not be able to get back to those days but I firmly believe that we can do way way better.
    Last edited by Strick9; 10-22-2020 at 10:52 PM.
    Genesis 9;2

Fred fed...

A lot.

Strick- the two properties are as different as night and day. I know both. Well.
    Middleton Pond has been private and unhuntable since before our daddy’s were alive. It’s the best sanctuary on the coast, bo.

Bohica. You talking about Middleton Pond on the beach or upper and lower Middleton off the Waccamaw

I think Strick is talking about the rice on Don's or the old jayroes place. Sounds like Don's property. Bts, he also owns Art's old property beside Nightingale.

if it is MP on the beach. A damn coot won't roost, much less rest there today.

Buck, you are correct, not talking about the beach.

Thomas, "As different as night and day" , my Lord that is a stretch. Both are waterfowl impoundments, both are on the same river, both took the exact same weather and water, both were historically rice oriented and both are within 4.3 miles of one another. Now if by night and day you mean private enterprise management producing positive waterfowl results and profitability and hunter success and with smaller staff vs spending @ 9million of the hunters and taxpayers money while killing only two ducks last year and being closed to all hunters this year, then we agree.
    Last edited by Strick9; 10-22-2020 at 11:40 PM.
    Genesis 9;2

Let's hear some duck kill numbers after the season from this property. Yes, DNR could do a better job.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Quarter drains...you can’t plant Samworth because you can’t get the fields dry enough. Yes I know, same type of fields on the same river but less than 200 yards from Whitehouse, quit acting cool like you know the man who owns it, I couldn’t get a tractor to stand up if I had a gun to my head. Without the cookie cutter we will continue to manage as moist soil. Oh and a field without dry land access is a whole other bitch and a half. Since you all are so good in managing those fields down there for other people, how bout somebody find me a barge so I can work on my FIL’s. They seem to have gotten scarce if you aren’t SCDNR. And another thing, DNR isn’t managing with remotely the same checkbook so don’t even try.
    Last edited by ceddy; 10-23-2020 at 06:56 AM.
    For the ducks

I’m out. Ceddy said everything I’ve been trying to say.
    Oh, left out the fact that White House has a pump that keeps ditches dry.

Quote Originally Posted by formerly bohica View Post
    I’m out. Ceddy said everything I’ve been trying to say.
    Oh, left out the fact that White House has a pump that keeps ditches dry.
    I don’t know shit about samworth or the area but why can’t the state run a pump then? For 5 million you could run power out there to multiple pumps.