Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Covid ????

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    This is what CMS handed down and DHEC adopted.

But what I said was and is currently the SC protocol
    never conflate govt edict w reality.

ps: I edited your post to focus on the point being made not to implicate you in any way shape or form.
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    He's quarantine with those that infected him, family members. They were out in the yard last I heard. He had to drive various places, out and about.
    He was positive with fever and running around 24hrs later. And people wonder how it keeps spreading.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

I had it a few weeks ago. Cold like symptoms then lost taste and smell. I had to stay home 10 days. Worse part was I lost my wind. I can walk to mailbox and back and feel like I need oxygen, then head starts pounding. Almost feels like lingering hangover with tightness in chest. Was supposed to leave today for a cow elk hunt in CO but not being able to breathe at sea level, I wasn't going 25 hours from home and at 8000 feet. Supposedly they will refund my tag fee. Duck hunting I would take my chances, but hiking around the mountains is tough enough when you feel good.

One guy that works with me got it from me or I got it from him, not sure. We rode in truck together on a Monday and by fri we had it. All of us got quarantined and had to wear masks when we got back. I isolated from my wife and kids and thankfully none of them got it.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

He's quarantine with those that infected him, family members. They were out in the yard last I heard. He had to drive various places, out and about.
    This is concerning.

I'd ask the people who you are going to see "out west" how they feel about it. If they don't have any old people hanging around and are ok with you coming, go for it...

Supposed to be 10 days from onset of symptoms and 72 hours without fever to be considered non-infectious

And like Phoneman says, the post recovery fatigue is an asskicker.

sounds like there is an open spot in truck.. I will go

I am usually up to taking anyone and everybody that wants to go hunting, BUT, this is one of those places we don't do that. It sucks when ya have people say I'll go with ya and they never get that invite. This farmer has opened his place for us and we don't want to abuse it. The amount of posted signs have doubled in the last few years, more posted than not it seems. YouTube warriors is help ruining it, like the Robertson's done for duck hunting in general. Wanna know how the ducks are doing, check YouTube, they posting their juicy hunts the next day.
    If you haven't checked out The Hunting Public for deer hunting do so. Them boys doing work and making saddle hunting mainstream.
    Low country redneck who moved north

I am usually up to taking anyone and everybody that wants to go hunting, BUT, this is one of those places we don't do that. It sucks when ya have people say I'll go with ya and they never get that invite. This farmer has opened his place for us and we don't want to abuse it. The amount of posted signs have doubled in the last few years, more posted than not it seems. YouTube warriors is help ruining it, like the Robertson's done for duck hunting in general. Wanna know how the ducks are doing, check YouTube, they posting their juicy hunts the next day.
    If you haven't checked out The Hunting Public for deer hunting do so. Them boys doing work and making saddle hunting mainstream.
    Sounds like an awesome setup. I can only imagine if you or your buddy gives the farmer or his family Covid - you probably won’t be invited back. No one likes to get sick- regardless of how severe. I would likely postpone my trip until my buddy tested negative or leave him at home.

He is concerned about that and I'm sure will get tested again before we strike out. We got better odds of catching it there vs here.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Quote Originally Posted by mello_collins View Post
    He was positive with fever and running around 24hrs later. And people wonder how it keeps spreading.

This

3 of us have a trip to IL planned for slug gun season 11/18. 1 is a 75yr old with all kind of health issues , other 2 of us are 57/58 and while cautious still around folks a good bit Big concern we have is one of us getting it/testing positive before then.

Had bad sinus last week as did wife, she actually had slight fever so her work (public school system ) has protocol for test and hers was negative (got rapid test done ) but they can not come back until 48hrs after they had elevated temperature

Do what you want but if it were me his ass would stay home. Sux but it is the world we live in right now