Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Covid ????

Default Covid ????

So my duck hunting partner was diagnosed yesterday, symptoms not so bad yesterday and today. We scheduled to roll out west on the 29th, 2 Fridays away.
    Will he be a walking contagion then? I ain't worried about it so much but we don't want to infect out connections out West.
    Should he be good to go if he feels good to go?
    Low country redneck who moved north

You should...be ok by then. Using the DHEC method of counting days.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

it has nothing to do with how he feels.

positive test on oct 21. ten days should be 31. you leave on 29. he was likely positive prior to oct 21....
    he could/should get a negative test before i would be "comfortable" riding with him....or using his duck call.

dont listen to the political people on here. this is science. and its not trump's fault.

granted, if i had a different life/job/family/etc, I would gladly ride with him and expect to get the virus and not die.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

If nick saban and trump can both test positive and turn around and be ok to resume duties without waiting two weeks. Then y’all should be good too. Im done playing covid.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    it has nothing to do with how he feels.

positive test on oct 21. ten days should be 31. you leave on 29. he was likely positive prior to oct 21....
    he could/should get a negative test before i would be "comfortable" riding with him....or using his duck call.

dont listen to the political people on here. this is science. and its not trump's fault.

granted, if i had a different life/job/family/etc, I would gladly ride with him and expect to get the virus and not die.
    He tested positive yesterday.

If he had symptoms prior to the test it starts from the day the symptoms started.

If he got a test and it was found, say work mandatory test then its 10 days from the test for transmission.

If he has severe respiratory symptoms then it goes to 20 days, don't ask me why that's just what dec says.

I'm about to get my second test of the week
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    He tested positive yesterday.

If he had symptoms prior to the test it starts from the day the symptoms started.

If he got a test and it was found, say work mandatory test then its 10 days from the test for transmission.

If he has severe respiratory symptoms then it goes to 20 days, don't ask me why that's just what dec says.

I'm about to get my second test of the week
    we posted at same time. i think i agree with you. its just barely under that ten day window.

saban must've been a false positive? trump got plasma and other stuff early. both of those cases are easily explained with science.
    Last edited by 2thDoc; 10-22-2020 at 11:12 AM.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Has anyone else noticed that a lot of stores have removed the “must wear a mask to enter” signs? Getting closer to the election, and everyone is getting ready to resume normalcy.

I would make him wear a tyvec suit, gloves, and respirator. Not because I’m scared of the virus but because it would make me smile the whole ride.

Depends.

Some folks are asymptomatic or have mild symptoms and will test negative in a week.

Others will remain positive for a month or longer. I have an employee in TX that has tested positive 6 times. They get tested every two weeks.

also, had a manager test positive on a tuesday, went in hospital thursday, discharged on sunday. the next sunday, readmitted; by the third thursday he was in ICU and passed this past sunday.

Saban and Trump only resumed "normal activity" after testing negative. In saban's case 3 negatives 24 hours apart.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

I'm not saying this fool proof. This is what CMS handed down and DHEC adopted.

I have a different opinion, but its that a opinion.

But what I said was and is currently the SC protocol
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

I'd call my hosts and ask them if they are concerned. Science or not that seems more appropriate than what you "think" is safe. Just me...

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    So my duck hunting partner was diagnosed yesterday, symptoms not so bad yesterday and today. We scheduled to roll out west on the 29th, 2 Fridays away.
    Will he be a walking contagion then? I ain't worried about it so much but we don't want to infect out connections out West.
    Should he be good to go if he feels good to go?
    either way, take precautions to boost your immune system. Quercetin and Vit-C prophylactically. You can add others as well.

"Quercetin displays a broad range of antiviral properties which can interfere at multiple steps of pathogen virulence -virus entry, virus replication, protein assembly- and that these therapeutic effects can be augmented by the co-administration of vitamin C. Furthermore, due to their lack of severe side effects and low-costs, we strongly suggest the combined administration of these two compounds for both the prophylaxis and the early treatment of respiratory tract infections, especially including COVID-19 patients."https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7318306/
    Last edited by everlast; 10-22-2020 at 11:59 AM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Unless I was deathly ill, no sickness would stop me from hunting. Even if it meant having to ride by myself out there.

He ran a fever, 102 and shivering like a dog shitting a peach pit last night, today out and about running around feeling fine. Mallards don't care!

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    I'm not saying this fool proof. This is what CMS handed down and DHEC adopted.

I have a different opinion, but its that a opinion.

But what I said was and is currently the SC protocol
    What’s SC protocol for false positives and plasma treatment? Or is there one for us common folk? Honestly curious here

If you have school aged kids - know that they have to isolate an additional X days before school will let them come back just for a parent testing positive.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyTownsend View Post
    What’s SC protocol for false positives and plasma treatment? Or is there one for us common folk? Honestly curious here
    I'm not sure, I can ask my infection control nurse. I don't recall seeing any emails in regard to the plasma. That is probably over the segment of the population I'm responsible for.

It may not be long term but currently it is.

As far false positive, the BD machine was throwing them left and right and the protocol was to test again 24 hours after initial test.

The Sophia machine and the Abott test have very few false positives, but the protocol is the same
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    He ran a fever, 102 and shivering like a dog shitting a peach pit last night, today out and about running around feeling fine. Mallards don't care!
    Explain what you mean by "out and about running around"?
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Wife went to beach with her cousins for a girls weekend. Well one of them wakes up Sunday with no taste. Goes and gets tested and tested positive on a rapid test. We called our works and they told us not to come in. Wife tested today and is negative. Her work told her to come back. My work told me that she would have to retest Sunday before I could come back being I was an “indirect contact”. I work in NC and their standard is six days minimum before testing if no symptoms. They then told me they’d rather me stay out until the 2nd just to clear the gestation period of the virus or something to that extent. Said that I will be paid 80hrs for being out.

I’m heading to the beach to do some fishing start of the week now.

He's quarantine with those that infected him, family members. They were out in the yard last I heard. He had to drive various places, out and about.