Thread: Early MO/KS reports

Default Early MO/KS reports

MISSOURI
    SWAN LAKE: As of 10/21, 2,200 ducks including roughly 1,600 mallards and 250 wood ducks.

KANSAS
    CHEYENNE BOTTOMS: On 10/20, 30,000 - 40,000 ducks, mix of all species. Huge concentration of ducks in the refuge, limited number of ducks in the hunting pools during daylight hours. 15,000-20,000 geese, mostly whitefronts, with a few thousand snows and a few Canadas. Few sandhill cranes have been staying on the area.

MARAIS DES CYGNES: On 10/14, Several hundred teal and wood ducks. Very few other ducks.

NEOSHO: On 10/20, Neosho WA saw the first major migration of the year over the weekend of Oct. 17th and 18th. 20,000 mixed ducks including Mallard, Pintail, Gadwall, Wigeon, Green Wing Teal and Blue Wing Teal. White fronted geese 20,000, 1000 Snow Geese and 350 Canada Geese.

PERRY: As of 10/14, around 700 ducks were observed. Mostly Teal, both Green and Blue-winged, and a good number of Pintails and Gadwalls. West River Boat Ramp and parking area are currently under construction and heavy equipment will be working down there when conditions allow to improve the surrounding area. The boat ramp is cleared for launching, however the parking area will be in rough shape until work is completed and new gravel is in place. Please try to stay clear of heavy equipment when using this area to not slow the construction process. Kyle Marsh is full and both East and West ramps are usable for launching.

TUTTLE CREEK: As of 10/6, 55 ducks and 6 Canada Geese were observed.

MILFORD: No measurable waterfowl estimates this week.

QUIVIRA: no recent estimate reported.

MELVERN: As of 10/15, Willow Marsh - 50 pintails, 25 blue wings and 10 gadwalls; Shoveler Slough- 4 mallards and 15 blue wing teal; Refuge - 20 gadwall, 9 ringneck, 10 unknown ducks and 1000+ coots.

I hit the marsh about a week ago out here in California to see what was kicking around in the area that I hunt. There are currently around 3000 birds in the small marsh that I could see from the parking area. Mostly pintails but with a good mix of mallards, spoonies, cinnamon teal, and canvasbacks. We shot a little drone footage that turned out to be pretty impressive. I'll have to make an "end of season" video with it included. Our season starts Saturday but I don't usually start hunting until after Thanksgiving.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Called our western connection today. Notified small bodies of water are freezing over, big water not. Very lil snow. Good push of mallats, mallardos, last few days. Crops been cut. He thinks our timing will be good. Said they may go in the morning. His sons told me years ago daddy don't care to duck hunt, he only goes when we have alot of birds. I have never hunted with "daddy", always farming to do.
    Low country redneck who moved north

We are about to get the first true pushing weather system here in Wyoming over the weekend...we shall see. So far, the majority of what’s here are residents and a few that came down early September with the freak cold front and snow. Very low number of ducks, geese, and Sandhill cranes for this time of year.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!