Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hunting vs assisting vs observing. The law or lack there of.

Are you hunting if you put out decoys out of season to take photos of duck?
    DILLIGAF

My opinion - If you are taking or killing game then license needed, if not then no.

I do not want bird watchers, wildlife watchers , photographers, artists, hikers etc to have to have a license for a damn good reason. And the way the law is sitting right now, legally they have to have a license. AWAKE YET?
    Genesis 9;2

We agree on this.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 10-22-2020 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bitesize View Post
    If you want to tag along buy a license-
    this is a fundamentally flawed premise. If it needs to be explained that's frightening.
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

you are hunting or fishing if you are using a gun, bow or fishing rod. I'm fine w the number of weapons relative to number of people. if a wife or a kid wants to tag along and watch, no license needed. Is this still America? I get that people may break the law by appearing to be an observer then actually taking gun and shooting a deer and hope to get away with it. Once again, passing a statute to combat this only hurts innocent people.
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

One gun, one licensed, unless observed with rod or gun in hand. Shouldn't matter how many spectators I have watching me. Ran into similar situation first ever gator season hunt. Got tickets for shining light at gators, harassing wildlife. We had no gator tags, killing equipment, etc in second boat. We were spotting gators but not hunting them. The 2 fucktards over heard me say I'll call Trad and see what he says, they weren't amused. Learned voices carry real well on water that night.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Is it legal to carry two firearms with you while hunting alone?

I've had my wife with me once, she enjoyed it until a squirrel almost jumped on her face. Other than that, she had binocs and some wine.

Quote Originally Posted by Strick9 View Post
    Its $ 12 dollars and can only be bought for one year. It does not cover other needs such as WMA, Big Game etc, HIP, Waterfowl, tags and so forth.

The apprentice must be accompanied by a standard license holder over the age of 21

Looks like the one-year part has been taken out

AN ACT TO AMEND SECTION 50-9-350, CODE OF LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA, 1976, RELATING TO APPRENTICE HUNTING LICENSES, SO AS TO ALLOW FOR A PERSON WITH AN APPRENTICE HUNTING LICENSE TO WAIVE THE CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION REQUIREMENT; AND TO AMEND SECTION 50-9-510, RELATING TO HUNTING AND FISHING LICENSES, SO AS TO PROVIDE THAT A NONRESIDENT WHO MEETS THE QUALIFICATIONS OF AN APPRENTICE HUNTER MAY PURCHASE A THREE-DAY HUNTING LICENSE.

Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of South Carolina:

Apprentice Hunting License, Certificate of Completion waived

SECTION 1. Section 50-9-350(1) of the 1976 Code is amended to read:

"(1) The certificate of completion requirement may be waived if a person obtains an apprentice hunting license. An apprentice hunting license may be issued if the applicant:

(a) is at least sixteen years of age and otherwise required to obtain a certificate of completion to obtain a hunting license;

(b) has not been convicted of or received deferred adjudication for violation of the hunter education requirement in this State; and

(c) has not been convicted of a hunting violation."

Nonresident Apprentice Hunting License

SECTION 2. Section 50-9-510(A)(4) of the 1976 Code is amended to read:

"(4) a nonresident who meets the qualifications as an apprentice hunter must purchase a three-day temporary statewide apprentice hunting license for fifty dollars, two dollars of which the issuing sales vendor may retain."

Time effective

SECTION 3. This act takes effect sixty days after approval by the Governor.

Ratified the 25th day of September, 2020.

Approved the 28th day of September, 2020.

So in the case of a kid wanting to go and not being in a position to swing the $12 because their parents either don’t have it or don’t want to cover it- send them my info and I’ll pay for it! I’ll pledge right now to cover 10/ per season in perpetuity.

There is enough nonsense going on in the world where this sites combined brain power could be better utilized!!

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    I hear what your saying, but heck he was advocating to walk in the outdoors and or watch birds needed a license.

As to the horse. Maybe having a license isn't a bad thing. I'd say 80% of the people who own horses can't afford them. On the questionnaire to get said license it should read:

Do you plan on stiffing the feed store on your bills? How about the person you get hay from? Do you plan to actually pay the vet? If you answered yes to the first 2 and no to the second you do not qualify for your horse license.
    No SW. All I’m saying is hunters pay all the same taxes everyone else does and then pay an additional fee to use public land. And we’re the only ones that do. Why is that? Yes some parks have admission fees and camping fees but otherwise no. NO I don’t think you should have to buy a license to hunt nor fish on your own property. I’m not for more rules and Regs but it wouldn’t hurt my feelings if the horseback riders and bikers that are hauling ass through Clemson Forest had to have a permit. I have to buy a hunting license AND a GMA permit to hunt a lake or other public land. Other users don’t pay an extra fee.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

SC needs to take after GA regarding private land hunting. I agree with licenses required to hunt public land and government owned resources, but paying the government for permission to hunt land that you own and worked hard for needs to be reevaluated.

A7C9EBAD-E4DB-43DE-BF6A-67520D4B7277.jpg

JB its a one time exemption , a hunter can not purchase it twice....but I bet they can knowing SCDNR computer system.

Bitesize we would fo sho get along. Good on ya, same, hope it would never make it here but be covered far before hopefully.

Palmetto Duck, it's because a hunter takes from the resource ( if he is lucky in todays day of state and NF management).
    Genesis 9;2

No I think the new law lets you get unlimited apprentice licenses but I think you still have to go with a licensed hunter 21 or older.

The first iteration back in January was this: (red is strike through and blue is added since it didn't keep the formatting)

So it was going to change to 3 years, then the 3 years got dropped so it appears to be unlimited as long as you go with a licensed hunter 21 or older.

TO AMEND SECTION 50-9-350, CODE OF LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA, 1976, RELATING TO APPRENTICE HUNTING LICENSES, SO AS TO ALLOW FOR THE WAIVER OF THE CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION REQUIREMENT FOR UP TO THREE YEARS AND TO ALLOW FOR A PERSON TO RECEIVE THIS WAIVER NO MORE THAN THREE TIMES.

"(1) The certificate of completion requirement may be waived for one license year a maximum of three license years if a person obtains an apprentice hunting license, and a person may receive such a waiver only one time no more than three times. An apprentice hunting license may be issued if the applicant:

(a) is at least sixteen years of age and otherwise required to obtain a certificate of completion to obtain a hunting license;

(b) has not been convicted of or received deferred adjudication for violation of the hunter education requirement in this State; and

SECTION 2. This act takes effect upon approval by the Governor.

----XX----

This web page was last updated on January 30, 2019 at 10:46 AM

Looks like it takes effect 60 days after September 28th That is November 27th, 2020 according to Google.

No more mention of only getting it once. This is an amended bill so you have to piece it with what remains in 50-9-350 (plus the nonresident stuff in 50-9-510)

AN ACT TO AMEND SECTION 50-9-350, CODE OF LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA, 1976, RELATING TO APPRENTICE HUNTING LICENSES, SO AS TO ALLOW FOR A PERSON WITH AN APPRENTICE HUNTING LICENSE TO WAIVE THE CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION REQUIREMENT; AND TO AMEND SECTION 50-9-510, RELATING TO HUNTING AND FISHING LICENSES, SO AS TO PROVIDE THAT A NONRESIDENT WHO MEETS THE QUALIFICATIONS OF AN APPRENTICE HUNTER MAY PURCHASE A THREE-DAY HUNTING LICENSE.

Apprentice Hunting License, Certificate of Completion waived

"(1) The certificate of completion requirement may be waived if a person obtains an apprentice hunting license. An apprentice hunting license may be issued if the applicant:

Nonresident Apprentice Hunting License

SECTION 2. Section 50-9-510(A)(4) of the 1976 Code is amended to read:

"(4) a nonresident who meets the qualifications as an apprentice hunter must purchase a three-day temporary statewide apprentice hunting license for fifty dollars, two dollars of which the issuing sales vendor may retain."

Time effective

SECTION 3. This act takes effect sixty days after approval by the Governor.

Ratified the 25th day of September, 2020.

Approved the 28th day of September, 2020.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Previous law: Red is replaced with the above language

SECTION 50-9-350. Apprentice hunting license.

To encourage the recruitment of persons as responsible hunters:

(1) The certificate of completion requirement may be waived for one license year if a person obtains an apprentice hunting license, and a person may receive such a waiver only one time. An apprentice hunting license may be issued if the applicant:

(c) has not been convicted of a hunting violation.

(2) While afield, the apprentice hunter must be accompanied by a licensed hunter who:

(a) has attained the age of twenty-one years;

(b) is not licensed as an apprentice hunter; and

(c) stays within a distance that enables uninterrupted, unaided, visual, and oral communication with the apprentice hunter and provides adequate direction to the apprentice.

(3) If the holder of an apprentice hunting license obtains a certificate of completion prior to the expiration date of his apprentice hunting license, his apprentice hunting license will be used as his statewide hunting license; provided, the licensee must have the certificate of completion in his possession while hunting.

(4) In addition to obtaining the apprentice hunting license, an apprentice license holder must obtain any other license, permit, receipt, stamp, and tag required to participate in a specific hunting activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kioti View Post
    Is it legal to carry two firearms with you while hunting alone?
    I don’t think so. I also don’t think it’s legal to tote a bow and a rifle at the same time deer hunting, even during gun season. But, we shouldn’t even really have to worry about it or ask that question.

Show in the regs where it's illegal to carry more than one weapon while hunting, outside of specific caliber, ammo type or capacity restrictions.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Quote Originally Posted by Spur hunter View Post
    Show in the regs where it's illegal to carry more than one weapon while hunting, outside of specific caliber, ammo type or capacity restrictions.
    Maybe Kiotoi will. I won’t, because I don’t care and I have more important shit to worry about. I simply said I think that’s the case. If you’re concerned about it, do some reading.

Scsw,
    Thanks for taking the time to share your opinion. You might notice that I didn’t respond directly to you nor quote you with last post. Fwiw, I have taken the time to read up and have yet to find multiple legal weapons prohibited, even for waterfowl. May have overlooked something somewhere so if anyone here knows better then feel free to direct to the source. Iv carried pistol and bow plenty of times, rifle and shotgun once or twice years ago, two shotguns on geese once. Too long guns or rifle and bow is no fun nor worth the effort imo.
    Last edited by Spur hunter; 10-23-2020 at 06:25 AM.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles