Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Springfield Armory Announces Waypoint Bolt-Action Rifles

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    I have a carbon Christensen barrel on an AR10 and love it. I have recently fallen in love with their Modern Precision Rifle and won't be happy until I have one. A lot of folks like to spew hate on Christensen. Not sure why but I'm not convinced.

Attachment 60085
    Same here. I have 3 of the Summit TI’s and 2 Ridgeline TI’s. Every one of them will shoot less than a 1/2”. And I’ve shot a Ridgeline since they’ve been out and never one single issue.

Quote Originally Posted by b-stick View Post
    You lost credibility with me.

You obviously haven’t looked through the newer leupolds. Awesome pieces of glass.

It is a Rem 700 clone. There are 19273 700 clone manufacturers. Side bolt release is standard on 99% of clone actions.

I would prefer an integral recoil lug or at least pinned. The last thing I need is a piece of sand or grit get between the action face and recoil lug when the barrel is off while cleaning or something of that nature. You change the recoil lug, you start changing tenon dimensions.
    There are reasons you can buy umpteen different recoil lug thicknesses.

It isn't a machine gun it is a precision tool, granted for 99% of the shooting world that is a good thing. Those actions aka a 700 action or clone is the Chevy 350 of bolt guns I want as much option as possible.

On to the glass. I had one of the newer leo's the ones that were being marketed with the CSASS rifles. It was a great improvement over what I consider Leo glass. That said if your gonna play in that tier just stick with the S&B or the US optics.

I had a heck of a time selling that glass as a side note.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

I'd just build one... That way I can personalize it to my liking for around the same money.

They don't offer long action calibers (as of now)
    Not crazy about their bolt throw (90*) vs Curtis 60*
    He said in the Youtube video that the mag was acting up. IMO, they had extractor and/or ejector issues. It's plainly visible in the video.
    I'd bet that once in full production the craftsmanship and quality control will not be as nice as the first ones they put out for evaluation.

If I was going to buy an "out of the box" rifle, I'd be looking at the Seekins or Christensen. Even those are prone to have a bad apple slip out every now and again. Seems like the more popular a rifle manufacturer gets, the quality control gets worse.

It's just simple, any mass produced rifle will not have the "attention to detail" that a custom built rifle will.

It’s all in the barrel and chambering it. Any monkey can build a rifle up to that point. That’s where you want a craftsman vs an assembly line worker.
    Last edited by FLS; 10-23-2020 at 06:18 AM.

All of those synthetic guns look the same. That one has multiple allen wrench placements though, you can never have enough personalizing.