Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Troy Aikman Supports Biden, and Talking on Hot Mics

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Used to like aikman. Now I don’t

I always thought he was a fag. Then Lorrie Morgan.... now I think he’s a fag again. Maybe Lorrie is responsible, hell, she drove Keith to an early grave.

I think they knew the mic was on.

Army drill sergeant tears them a new one

Last edited by Silentweapon338; 10-22-2020 at 04:14 AM.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    I think they knew the mic was on.
    i would say that's pretty obvious but......
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    I always thought he was a fag. Then Lorrie Morgan.... now I think he’s a fag again. Maybe Lorrie is responsible, hell, she drove Keith to an early grave.
    Skip Bayless accused Aikman of being gay back in his playing days, despite all of the ass Troy was nailing in Dallas. He was more discreet than Irvin and his teammates, who were so brazen about their drugs and extra-marital doings that they rented a house in Dallas just for white powder and sex, but he was still playing the field and enjoying himself immensely.

Jeff Pearlman's book Boys Will Be Boys is essential reading. It's an insider's view of the '90's Cowboys from the time Jerry bought the team and fired Landry clear to their decline in the late '90's. Lots of interesting stuff, some of it will have you LOL. Lots of good background about the Landry era, too.

Quote Originally Posted by w33kender View Post
    Skip Bayless accused Aikman of being gay back in his playing days, despite all of the ass Troy was nailing in Dallas. He was more discreet than Irvin and his teammates, who were so brazen about their drugs and extra-marital doings that they rented a house in Dallas just for white powder and sex, but he was still playing the field and enjoying himself immensely.

Jeff Pearlman's book Boys Will Be Boys is essential reading. It's an insider's view of the '90's Cowboys from the time Jerry bought the team and fired Landry clear to their decline in the late '90's. Lots of interesting stuff, some of it will have you LOL. Lots of good background about the Landry era, too.
    Pretty sure Nate Newton was their plug. Well, at least that's what he did time for, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Pretty sure Nate Newton was their plug. Well, at least that's what he did time for, so...
    Nate has supposedly turned his life around, but he was indeed one of the ring leaders at the rented home dubbed "The White House." He even spoke to local reporters about it, the ones who had heard rumors. He said something to the effect of, "Yeah, we've been running whores in and out of there, trying to be discreet, not drinking and driving, and now we're getting flack about it."

The amount of teasing and ostracizing and taunting non-indulgent teammates endured was sooooo bad that years later the perpetrators apologized to the ones they gave so much guff to. I think Newton and Michael Irvin specifically apologized to Robert Jones years later, an inside linebacker who'd played college ball at ECU. The guy was trying his best not to cheat on his wife or get high and they rode his ass over that.

The players interviewed in the book said that the way they were treated on the road was akin to Elvis in his hey day. They would show up at the hotel while on the road and the lobby was filled with beautiful women. To get laid, you simply had to be on the team and be able to gab a bit. Hotel staff said it was never like that for any other visiting team. Never the level of groupies as when Dallas was in town.

Michael Irvin in particular was a chick magnet who hooked up friends who were more shy. He was like a male nympho, taking more than one woman at a time to his room, etc. And he did drugs and drank but still worked his ass off in practice, challenging teammates to practice with the same intensity. When practice was over, he would have someone throw him a hundred passes before he'd allow himself to quit. And if he dropped one, he'd start all over again.

The decline in Dallas began when players with less of a work ethic than Irvin tried to maintain a similar party ethic as Irvin. And it all began once Jimmy Johnson left. Now, mind you, 90% of the team was sick of Johnson's petty ball breaking ways...his star system where a marquee player got away with shit another starter would not....but he did run crisp practices and knew enough psychology to push the right buttons. Players like Aikman and Irvin felt that the rest of the team was forgetting how much hard work it took to stay on top. Other players enjoyed Switzer's loose style [Newton, Charles Haley, etc].