Thread: Ruger American

Default Ruger American

Anybody shooting a Ruger American Rifle in any caliber? Are you happy with it? Wish you bought something else?

Great shooter for the price...stock is crap

Have a American predator in 6.5 it’s as accurate as my x bolt

Got a couple of them. They are nice little rifles for the money. My son has killed a bunch of deer with his lil .308 compact.

My son has been shooting one in 30.06 for 4 years . I’m pretty impressed with it. It’s very accurate and I think it’s a pretty good value. If he gets his scope on a deer - I have complete confidence he will kill it with that rifle.

I have a ranch 5.56 i bought few months ago. It shoots well
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

One boy has a 6.5 Predator, the other a Ranch in 7.62X39, both shoot well. They feel cheap all the way around but they shoot as accurate as you can hold it.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    One boy has a 6.5 Predator, the other a Ranch in 7.62X39, both shoot well. They feel cheap all the way around but they shoot as accurate as you can hold it.
    I have the predator in 6.5.

Will put 3 in a quarter at 100 yards.

Very happy with it for the price.
    Last edited by JJ1965; 10-19-2020 at 07:43 PM.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

I’ve been itching to get one in .243 or 7mm-08.

I have a 30.06, never had a round down the pipe. Still have the box and it’s still got the factory sticker on the stock. If your interested in that caliber, I would be willing to sell less than a new one depending on where you are.

308 no complaints. It does feel cheap. Fancy glass helps that though

Thanks. Ive already settled on 308 , Im just trying decide on brand. I've always been Remington, but with all that's gone on in the last several years, it may be time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose843 View Post
    Thanks. Ive already settled on 308 , Im just trying decide on brand. I've always been Remington, but with all that's gone on in the last several years, it may be time to move on.
    Blued tikka t3x’s on sale at eurooptic. Id take one over an american any day though.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

I have one in the youth 7mm-08 for my kids and it is deadly. Not the best action or stock but affordable price and a great truck beater to stay under the back seat. They are 6-6 with it this year and I have used it to shoot both of the good bucks I killed. So light and easy to carry.

I have a Ruger American in .243 that I bought on sale a few years back for $199.00. Decent rifles, nothing special. I did have to send mine back with an issue last year and Ruger took good care of me. No complaints.

Love mine

got 2-

rattle canned camo 30.06 w/ zeiss diavari 3-12x56 - absolute killer - likes federal premium 168gr
    rattle canned 243 w/ Trijicon 2.5x10x56 - Cut stock to 12" LOP for kids. Tack driver- likes Salty's handloads
    Double Secret Probation Officer

I have a .243 that is a tack driver. Flimsy stock, plastic mag that seems cheap, seems a little clunky when chambering a round. Even with all the negatives combined I still like the little rifle and would buy it again.