Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hunting ammo

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    good luck. i looked for 130 grain SST's and couldn't find it anywhere. I got lucky and found a box of 140 grain that will have to work.

ammoseek.com is a good resource. it aggregates a bunch of different websites selling ammo and lists what is or is not available.

that is going to be your best resource.
    Where you find that 140gr?
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

last box that cabelas online had
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

I may have some WSM 130 grain Winchester ballstic silvertips but it will be a few days before I can check.

Quote Originally Posted by billyjack View Post
    I may have some WSM 130 grain Winchester ballstic silvertips but it will be a few days before I can check.
    Let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Will do.

the 130gr sst (want to try) and nosler (only 4 rds left) is what i've had trouble finding too....one rifle will shoot the heavier just fine, but another prefers the 130gr....these barnes will get me through the season....sku #21524 if you want to search....the sst #80543

T&K Outdoors in Spartanburg

FB01D39B-5B06-4E96-9811-A15E006D90DB.jpg

do you own t&k? are yall off 295?
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Dick View Post
    T&K Outdoors in Spartanburg
    I can't get on the website on my cpu, and can't find anything on my phone on the website.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

I bought a box of 270WSM yesterday. And there’s still one more box on the shelf as of today. Let me know if you want me to pick up. Winchester super X. Located in upstate.

Quote Originally Posted by FULLCHOKE View Post
    I bought a box of 270WSM yesterday. And there’s still one more box on the shelf as of today. Let me know if you want me to pick up. Winchester super X. Located in upstate.
    If he decides to do that let me know and I can help get it to him pretty easy if y’all don’t ship it
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

do you own t&k? are yall off 295?
    No, one of my best friends owns it. I just help out from time to time.

Yes, 1 mile below Fuddrucker's across from the golf shop.
    Last edited by Tha Dick; 10-21-2020 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltMuck View Post
    I can't get on the website on my cpu, and can't find anything on my phone on the website.
    With all the craziness going on they stay wide ass open all day. I thing they were revamping the website when all the shat hit the fan. I'll let them know.

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

There is one thing the past several years and especially 2020 has taught us is that if you are dependent on commercial ammo supply, you are probably significantly short sighted. For goodness sake learn to handload. It is not difficult. If Biden goes in and ammo dries up, you will be kicking yourself for not learning to handload. When you wait until there is a serious problem, you are in the middle of the masses and are too late responding.

In addition to saving money by hand loading you can tailor make loads for YOUR rifle. You control everything. You don’t have to wonder if the next box will shoot like the last box.

Wake up my friends!
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

I disagree about saving money. You end up shooting more and customizing loads more so you end up spending more, but it sure is fun.

I got a package coming in friday with 20lbs of powder. I finally found some 2230.

I have a 308 load for a AI rifle that uses it, and I have been parceling it out. I was literally down to maybe enough to load 7-8 bullets. I haven't been shooting that rifle due to that. But I should be good for a while now on that rifle
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

good thing people stocker up on bricks of 22 ammo years ago for ungodly prices....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

good luck. i looked for 130 grain SST's and couldn't find it anywhere. I got lucky and found a box of 140 grain that will have to work.

ammoseek.com is a good resource. it aggregates a bunch of different websites selling ammo and lists what is or is not available.

that is going to be your best resource.
    Man I sure do appreciate this link!!! Just ordered some 140 accubonds for the 7mm-08
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by CWPINST View Post
    There is one thing the past several years and especially 2020 has taught us is that if you are dependent on commercial ammo supply, you are probably significantly short sighted. For goodness sake learn to handload. It is not difficult. If Biden goes in and ammo dries up, you will be kicking yourself for not learning to handload. When you wait until there is a serious problem, you are in the middle of the masses and are too late responding.

In addition to saving money by hand loading you can tailor make loads for YOUR rifle. You control everything. You don’t have to wonder if the next box will shoot like the last box.

Wake up my friends!
    My thought is if there is a serious shortage of ammo, there will also be a serious shortage of bullet components (like now). I'm in the camp of buying ammo in non-crisis situations when I find good deals on them. I could not buy ammo for 5 plus years and be completely fine. It's not hard to pick up a few boxes here and there and accumulate a nice stash (unless you're some sort of competitive shooter)

Components are hard to come by right now.

The Mil type stuff is available but very expensive. The hunting style components are zilt. Brass is brass, you can still get that again in mil type stuff. But the projos, meh.

As to the .22 stuff man I lucked up back end of last summer when things were hunky doorey, I lucked up. I ended up buying out the walmart in Manning. I bought 15k came back the next day they had another 10k I bought that. Nothing was said the supply chain had caught back up.

Was buying the 550 boxes for 19.99$
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

For the person who shoots less than a box every 2 years, reloading doesn't make sense. I too haven't been able to find the SST, but I have at least 7 and only 5 buck tags.
    Last edited by mudflat; 10-21-2020 at 08:58 AM.
    Low country redneck who moved north