Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting ammo

Default Hunting ammo

So... I get it, we’re in a silly bullet pandemic. Not sure why there was 125 people waiting for Academy to open to get some, whatever. I’ve gone by several places, all sold out. Of everything.

I’m not waiting in line to get wood goat ammo. What’s my best option for a box of Hornady SST or GMX or similar ammo?
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

fn crazy......can't find the sst or nosler i like....trying barnes vor-tx this year.....then they tack on ~$17 to ship a box....ffs!

Quote Originally Posted by cleancutredneck View Post
    fn crazy......can't find the sst or nosler i like....trying barnes vor-tx this year.....then they tack on ~$17 to ship a box....ffs!
    Barnes Vor-TX are Straight Gucci. They are the only bullets that will group tight in my .300 win mag. I’ve tried everything from cor-loks to Hornady sst’s they all landed like spitballs on the target. Them Barnes are off the chain. Their Vor-TX muzzle loader bullets are the cats meow as well.

What flava you lookin fo?
    Last edited by Tha Dick; 10-19-2020 at 05:56 PM.

Roll your own. Might as well get invested in it and buy bulk components when available. That way you never are looking for ammo.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

What caliber, assuming factory loads?
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

What caliber do you need?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Roll your own. Might as well get invested in it and buy bulk components when available. That way you never are looking for ammo.
    Good luck finding primers!! They are worse than hens teeth.
    I take an PLB in the shower with me. Can't ever be too safe.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

"I'd like to know more about this. Someone give cottontop a bump of coke."
    Sportin' Woodies

y'all remember the toilet paper pandemic right? people are crazy

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuckTX View Post
    y'all remember the toilet paper pandemic right? people are crazy
    When they were buying toilet paper guess what I was buying?

What caliber? I travel around a good bit during the week and have been able to find most anything in some "hole in the wall" type places. Granted some of it has been high as camel coochie.

It’s not going to get any better anytime soon. Industry is predicting late spring at the earliest.
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    It’s not going to get any better anytime soon. Industry is predicting late spring at the earliest.
    And thats if biden dont win id bet. If he does, All bets are off
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Sorry forgot to mention, .270 Win and .270 WSM. Yes, factory loads, polymer tip preferably.
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by SaltMuck View Post
    Sorry forgot to mention, .270 Win and .270 WSM. Yes, factory loads, polymer tip preferably.
    http://www.selwayarmory.com/shop-by-...inchester.html

http://www.selwayarmory.com/shop-by-...n/270-wsm.html
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

[QUOTE=Saltydog235;2801214]Roll your own. Might as well get invested in it and buy bulk components when available. That way you never are looking for ammo.[/QUOTE
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I have been shooting factory stuff the last several years just because it's hard to find time to reload but I found myself crawling around picking up brass last weekend because of this shortage.

I took an IDPA class this past weekend and after sitting through the classroom part, only shot one course of fire because I didn't want to burn up any more ammo.

Always keep an extra couple boxes of your favorite hunting rounds. Just makes good sense.

Nichols had everything ammo you could think of Saturday. Lot of folks buying, but they had plenty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

good luck. i looked for 130 grain SST's and couldn't find it anywhere. I got lucky and found a box of 140 grain that will have to work.

ammoseek.com is a good resource. it aggregates a bunch of different websites selling ammo and lists what is or is not available.

that is going to be your best resource.
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.