Thread: Nebraska Wildlife Bust

I get that a guy trying to make a living being a tv hunter might be tempted to cheat a little in lean times...wouldn’t do it, but can understand some would. I can not understand why anyone would want to kill deer at night and just blatantly poach...that just absolutely kills any of the actual gratification and joy of really hunting. WTF?
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

You answered your own question. He’s not doing it for actual gratification or joy of hunting. It’s ego and money or many of these #social media sponsored fucktards and TV hunting show makers. Take away the money and sponsorships and see how many are still making TV shows. Old dude in the zebra stripe Cesna that made Hunting shows when I was a kid Probably would. But most on here have no idea who that was. Hell I can’t even remember his name.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Franc White. "The Southern Sportsman"

Quote Originally Posted by padl8697 View Post
    Franc White. "The Southern Sportsman"
    Exactly. I will from time to time mention The Southern Sportsman in a comparison to MeatEater to folks I'm talking to like I fully understand them to know what the show was. Either folks are too, IDK, embarrassed to say they never heard of it or they know the show. Of course I am always talking to older folks if I mention it, so maybe the SS was broadcast in Indiana and Wyoming.

It can and is being done right...the SS was fantastic and should be studied in a scholarly manner by anyone in the hunting show industry.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Yes Padl that’s right. SS. I thought of it right after I posted above.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

"They shot animals that had been lured to them with bait and whose movements had been carefully scrutinized via trail cameras"

Oh my....

Full episodes of SS are available on YouTube.