Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winch on ATV

Default Winch on ATV

For those of you that have a winch, do you consider it a "must have"?

No.

Had one on my Ranger, haven’t put one on my gator. It’s not a priority. Wouldn’t even consider putting one on an ATV unless it was a big one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Yes. I’ve used winches on all of my machines for much more than just self recovery. They are another tool in the box.
    Last edited by Steelin' Ducks; 10-18-2020 at 04:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

I’ve got a Foreman that I bought with a Warn 2500. I never thought about wanting one til I had one. I’ve winched trees out of the road several times and a few other odd jobs. I’d buy it just so I didn’t have to fool with strapping it down. It takes me 15 secs to load and winch tight and I’m off.
    Go Tigers!

Must have, I don’t like inconveniencing other people when I can handle it myself.

Have one on my Gator and have used it many times in this gumbo mud we have. I’ve buried it to the frame a lot. I have one on the Rancher as well. Like Steelin’ said, it’s another tool in the toolbox and comes in handy.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I’ve got a winch on everything that I own that has wheels. It’s has saved my ass a many of times.

No- carry 50'-100' of winch rope( or rope strong enough to pull the 4 wheeler out)- if you get stuck pass the end through the rim around the tire ( like a rope swing), tie a bowline- run it around a tree, tie it off and drive out- works with trucks etc too. Or if no tree make a flip flop winch.

Or buy a winch for 200 bucks . For the small price they are worth the money at some point or another you will be glad you got it.

Quote Originally Posted by camotoon60 View Post
    Or buy a winch for 200 bucks . For the small price they are worth the money at some point or another you will be glad you got it.
    Even better buy a $70 2500 winch from Harbor Freight. I put one on my Ranger and it is yet to fail me. I’ve used it several times from pulling the ranger out, pulling out tree stands that have grown into a tree, even used it to pull out two stuck tractors. It has paid for itself multiple times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtemp71 View Post
    I’ve got a winch on everything that I own that has wheels. It’s has saved my ass a many of times.
    This!
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I mostly use ours to move trees out of the road.

Have one on the truck, 4wheeler and Mule. That's because I've been stuck miles from the nearest road with either no phone service or no one available to call. Cheap insurance for a 4wheeler. Look at the KFI winches, I've heard good things about them and they are at a lower price point than Warn. That being said, I have a cheap 2500lb Smittybilt on mine that's pulled an ass of stuff it shouldn't of.

Mike

Warn for a truck and the ATV winches seam to be a crapshoot. My little neighbor has a warn on his Honda that worked for a year tops. I just bought a badlands 3500 and paid 168$ for it and a 2 year no questions asked warranty, hard to beat.

There is a new one on Craigslist for $60 in Goose Creek if you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    Warn for a truck and the ATV winches seam to be a crapshoot. My little neighbor has a warn on his Honda that worked for a year tops. I just bought a badlands 3500 and paid 168$ for it and a 2 year no questions asked warranty, hard to beat.
    What is "a little neighbor"

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    What is "a little neighbor"
    My neighbor who is 17 and 265lbs, I call him my little neighbor, and his warn atv winch is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    No- carry 50'-100' of winch rope( or rope strong enough to pull the 4 wheeler out)- if you get stuck pass the end through the rim around the tire ( like a rope swing), tie a bowline- run it around a tree, tie it off and drive out- works with trucks etc too. Or if no tree make a flip flop winch.
    Go be poor somewhere else....Thats just too much work
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    My neighbor who is 17 and 265lbs, I call him my little neighbor, and his warn atv winch is broken.
    That’s a grown little neighbor.

I got a winch from Harbor Freight for my kids 250. Came with spectra line too. Works good.