Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need internet

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    Your house is a metal building. It’s flat beautiful but I’d imagine the cell service inside isn’t that great. I have a few friends that live in BC and their service is hit or miss. I’d find a way to run spectrum. Their CS is awful but they have the best product IMO. I’ve tried every internet service in the Charlotte metro and spectrum is the only one worth paying for.
    Uh oh who you know in bc?

I have a ditch witch. They quoted my neighbor $10,000. They told him they would charge him $2,200 if he trenched it himself. He just finished trenching it yesterday. They told me that they weren't sure if I could trench it myself. When I told them what my neighbor was doing they acted as if I were crazy.

I'm gonna look into a few of these options .

And yes silly we currently have spectrum at our main office
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Roger that. You know what they say. Buy once, cry once. You get a shitty internet service and you'll be wishing you hadn't.

Either way you're gonna have to throw one of two things at this problem: money, or your own time+effort. You could always change providers at the office for 30 days, then when you come back to Spectrum you're treated as a new customer. That new account would count for the $5000 + $3000

I can have a sales rep reach out to discuss your options for Spectrum. When I was selling for them I had gotten multiple projects approved using the customer-trench option, saving Spectrum a lot of money in labor. That's the majority of the cost anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

I’m at the end of a 900 ft private road. Willyworm made Spectrum happen for us after years of being told no go.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

I know. I may end up biting the bullet or raising enough hell to make them let me trench it. I know one thing. Direct tv television is pretty sweet. I got outdoor channel, pursuit channel and sportsman's channel. Like a kid in a candy store

That's good. Cause Spectrum doesn't make much money on cable TV anyway. They really only care about internet and business phone cause that's where they make the money.

If you rent a trencher and open a ditch from the road to your property they'll drop it in and might get it down where you don't have to stroke a big check. Just follow the power feed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    That's good. Cause Spectrum doesn't make much money on cable TV anyway. They really only care about internet and business phone cause that's where they make the money.

If you rent a trencher and open a ditch from the road to your property they'll drop it in and might get it down where you don't have to stroke a big check. Just follow the power feed.

And that's the point I'm trying to get to. They are trying to tell me they won't allow me to trench it myself.

You gotta have a local rep pushing it. Did you sign up for resi service at the house, or small business service? If you got DorectTV for tv and just need internet I highly recommend you do a small business internet. The base resi speed is 100M connection. The business speed is 200M and it's about the same price.

Call KRT's buddy, and mine, Keith Krell. He'll work with local construction to get ya taken care of. 803-600-4865. Tell him Miles sent ya and that you're from SCDucks.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

They're laying a bunch of that pipe around me now. Where can I find out if they are coming down my road or not?
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

How are you getting permanent power to your house? You should either be able to do a joint trench or underbuild it on the pole line.

Comes down the powerline. Buried from the transformer to the house.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    I’m at the end of a 900 ft private road. Willyworm made Spectrum happen for us after years of being told no go.
    Damn- you had problems where you live now? In town?

I'm in BFE, Hughes net sat service for everything or we wouldn't have squat. Only cell service is Verizon and it's 1 bar max- sometimes none.
    It's limited unlimited- after 100 they throttle it way back. Streaming anything is not an option-

I've setup quite a few cell based internet solutions over the past 2 years. Att is typically the best solution if you have a tower within 5 miles. There are many "resellers" of Att cell based internet. However, Att as of late, is cracking down on these resellers for terms of service violations. These resellers often claim "unlimited" but lately, the hard cap is around 400 gb. If you have a metal roof, external antennas will be required. A typical setup like this is around $800. There is a way to get the service through Att directly for $20 a month on an Ipad plan. It requires some "magic" to be performed on a LTE router but it works well and it's the setup I'm using. If you'd like more info, PM me. I'm over 5 miles from a tower and get 25-30mbps down.

Quote Originally Posted by padl8697 View Post
    Check with Hughes net and see what they offer.
    Do not. They are terrible.

Feets just got some innernets at his crib. Ask him what's working for him cuz I can't remember.

Just for info, if you need internet for work purposes they are ways to count it off on taxes. This may help off set the cost.

They called me today and offered me $1,100 if I did the trench. Sounds like my best option. A far cry better than the $5,500 they first quoted me. Reckon I'll get it over with

You talk to Keith?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I’d jump all over $2-3k. I was quoted $32k from Comporium. Neighbor behind me has Comporium fiber but they won’t let us do an easement. They want to take it to the stop sign and back down my road. Cell booster was my only option until they bring it this way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

Quote Originally Posted by billbuster84 View Post
    I’d jump all over $2-3k. I was quoted $32k from Comporium. Neighbor behind me has Comporium fiber but they won’t let us do an easement. They want to take it to the stop sign and back down my road. Cell booster was my only option until they bring it this way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm right there with you. For $3k I'd do it in a heartbeat.
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff